• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Road America Vintage Races

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
I enjoyed the Vintage Racing at Road America this weekend. Below are some photos of three Sunbeams at the track - including one of the LeMans Tigers!

The LeMans Tiger did not race, but it did win a trophy.

I never thought I would have the opportunity to view one of these great, rare cars up close!

Attachments

• image12.jpg
    image12.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 54
  • image17.jpg
    image17.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 58
  • image21.jpg
    image21.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 55
  • image24.jpg
    image24.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 52

ziebellski

Donation Time
I was there too. I hadn't seen a LeMans Tiger at Road America since the 1990s. It's a well turned-out machine! The green #13 Tiger is a fast one on track and did well in its race Sunday.
I drove my '67 Alpine to the track. I also saw a green Tiger from Minnesota and a yellow Tiger but never got close enough to inspect it.

Todd Ziebell
Wisconsin

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
Too bad I did not see you. I had the yellow Tiger.

The green #13 was driven by John Daniels from Minneapolis. He was the highest finisher in VBP and finished 10th overall in group 3

The red 9 was driven by Charles Giapinski from Delafield, WI. He finished 23rd overall.