• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Riverside Drive Chase: Who will win?

ceecpa

Donation Time
My wife and I like to challenge each other on a curvy road 500' above the James River when heading to an Irish pub. In prior times, when her SV had a SII motor, I could outrun her in an MGB.

But her SV now has a SV motor, bored .040 over, a KB grind camshaft, Chevrolet rods, a proper transmission with good synchros and an overdrive, an electric fuel pump, electric cooling fan, a tightened front anti-sway bar, and (will soon have) 15" wheels with a bit more rubber on the ground.

I'm afraid I may have built her an MGB killer. Can she clip an apex? Select the appropriate gear? Yeah, probably, because she scared the *@#! out of me on the Susquehannock Trail Charity Rally.

Maybe a supercharger in the MGB....