• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ride height

JonPiz

Donation Time
The LH side rear of the car is about 1.5" higher than the RH. Are the leaf springs on my S2 the same both sides or is the driver side stronger.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
The rear springs are the same on each side of the car. It is usual over a period of time for the spring on the driver's side (assuming that usually the driver is the sole occupant) to weaken and for the car to sit lower on that side. Check that the spring does not have a broken leaf. Springs can be re-tempered - both should be done - but this might prove to be more costly than replacing them. I assume that your car is RHD.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
At some time in its life the car may have had the rear springs removed and the driver-side spring (which may be weaker) re-fitted to the passenger side.

V_Mad

Donation Time
If you want to level it you can shuffle the leaves on the springs. I swapped the two long leaves over, and it sits level now.

Mike Broome

Silver Level Sponsor
You can also fit a lowering block to the high side. Not ideal but it will get you a level car. By the way you should check the car with the driver on board, it may then be level!

JonPiz

Donation Time
I guess its swapping the springs over as I'm converting to RH drive. Thanks for your help.

Tony Perrit or V-Mad, are either of you going to Coventry in a few weeks time and if so do either of you have a spare steering box/column you want to gert rid of cheap? If so PM me.;)