• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Repro drain trough

65beam

Donation Time
trough

rick at SS has had these for maybe two years now. I have bought two of them and they are really quite nice. they fit good.

65beam

Donation Time
trough

rick has many items that are not listed. he has a load of new short block 1725 engines in stock also. I place orders a couple times each month so I make a point of asking what he has new or back in stock. most cell phones do not have long distance charges so think what you need and call.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
Rick? Rick Who? He has a web-site? Just didn't see it browsing the web and was curious about the price. Wondered if this guy is up-peddling on e-bay. No I don’t need one, think I have a couple spares. Now I know I can toss the old dusty greasy ones and buy new.

65beam

Donation Time
trough

paul,
have you forgotten that RICK owns sunbeam specialties in California? the phone number is 408-371-1642. he has a web site. www.rootes.com gets you to it. keep in mind that he may not list all items in stock so if you need an item call and ask. you might be amazed at what he has in stock.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
paul,
have you forgotten that RICK owns sunbeam specialties in California? the phone number is 408-371-1642. he has a web site. www.rootes.com gets you to it. keep in mind that he may not list all items in stock so if you need an item call and ask. you might be amazed at what he has in stock.

You mean the Rick from Kalifornia that used to set up a pretty good table of parts at the swap meets. I think I met him at Tigers United in Santa Maria, CA in 1978-9 and we swapped a few parts. He has a business? That brings back memories!

1978 with my COLD STEEL!

Attachments

• Tiger1979.jpg
    Tiger1979.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 31

RootesRich

Donation Time
You mean the Rick from Kalifornia that used to set up a pretty good table of parts at the swap meets. I think I met him at Tigers United in Santa Maria, CA in 1978-9 and we swapped a few parts. He has a business? That brings back memories!

1978 with my COLD STEEL!

I recall a guy named "Rick" in 1977 selling parts at NorCal swap meets out of the back of his Tiger. Sounds like he did well enough that year to buy himself a table and expand his selection.
Nice to hear he's still selling parts.

Nice pants Paul! :D

65beam

Donation Time
drain

paul,
you still had hair at that time. the hair is the first thing to go and then the memory. after that who knows. who owned the tiger?

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
That was my first of two MKII ownerships. No, nothing wrong with my memory. I remember them all. Being in Joe Mazzi's apartment in Atlantic City, Charlie Russell's black custom Lord Rootes winning car, the birth of the Ackerman angle, and the list goes on.
Lots of memories.

Last edited:

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
paul,
you still had hair at that time. the hair is the first thing to go and then the memory. after that who knows. who owned the tiger?

I was hoping you knew I was kidding about Rick McCloud. Apparently, I was pretty convincing.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
And I liked those "Tenners" ! Great wear in the ice and snow too!

P.S. For those of you that don't know what "Tenners" are, they were what us old folks called tennis shoes....

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Talk about flashbacks-I am still waiting for Joe to mail me the soft top I ordered!

65beam

Donation Time
drain

eric,
I didn't want to mention why I didn't want to hear his name but you're not the only one still waiting.

P. Scofield

Bronze Level Sponsor
That was quite a trip! Spent the night at one of the "Shrivers" in Baltimore, went Joes apartment in Atlantic City, then to a Tiger graveyard with (literally) chicken coop full of Tiger parts that would you would kill for today.

The rest of the story you will need to buy me a tall one to hear. :eek:

No, this old man didn't just fall off the Commer wagon. :)

Last edited: