• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Replacing spring on hood/bonnet latch

fireroad

Donation Time
B37EBBFC-CD38-48A4-A9B1-ECC9915EAD66.jpeg Wondering if anyone has successfully replaced the spring on the hood latch assembly? I had to access the heater core over the weekend and figured it was a good time to clean up the heater core cover and latch assembly. Turns out that the 56 years of accumulated crud was the only thing holding the spring together as a pice of the spring fell off (on the right in 1st picture). I was going to replace the whole latch assembly but the one I had in my parts collection is missing the “barrel” on the back side. I would like to take the spring from that one and move it to the original part, but it’s held on by a rivet that I’m not sure I’ll be able to fix after I drill it out. Thoughts?