• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Repair Mistakes and Blunders

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I don’t know how many of you subscribe to Rock Auto’s monthly newsletter, but I always find it worth a quick read, especially their reader-submitted Repair Mistakes and Blunders. I actually sent them a story several years ago, one I am pretty sure I have told here before, of the time a friend of mine and I blew up the front brakes in his Willy’s Jeepster. That ultimately successful experience is what encouraged me to buy my Alpine in 1978. I had a second one published a few years later about my first attempt at adjusting the valves on my Alpine. (That is here someplace, too.) I thought I was done, but recently remembered something from when I did my first engine swap. They just published that:

https://www.rockauto.com/Newsletter/

Fortunately, all if my publishable blunders (at least those I have remembered so far) are 40 years in the past. Baring any new stupid mistakes, I am hopefully done now.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I always read those!! Glad to know that someone is honest enough to
admit mistakes! Sometimes it the best way to learn.
Cheers!
Steve