• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Repair Manual for 66 Alpine

jwern

Donation Time
Hey -
I'm new to the forum and new to the Alpines. What would be the best repair manual to get? I've seen a couple on the web but know you guys would know which is best and/or where to get it.
Thanks,
John

Jim E

Donation Time
My favorite is the "Rootes light car range with 1725 engine workshop manual" WSM 145 is the number on it. But I like to keep that one clean so I have a couple cheap autohaus or some such printers manual for in shop work also nice for when you go to the machine shop and they want to put thier grubby mitts on the manual. I also make notes in the cheap one, once took the WSM145 to the machine shop because we needed specs on the crank and such and the guy snatched it up and started underlining stuff....

Oh and I like having the Alpine parts list on hand the exploded views are nice to have when it comes to putting stuff back together.

The two Alpine survivor guides are also nice to have there is the brit one from SAOCA and the US one from TE/AE. Think both are a bit dated but they still have lots of good info and are fun to read. Not sure either club still offers these for sale.

Where to get... well some stuff I have came with cars, some I borrowed from friends took to Staples and had copied, some came off the ebay.

Ron67Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
If you have an SV, don't get the CD that's sold on ebay. I bought a copy when I got my car, and my brother bought me another, for Christmas. Both are the same and don't cover the SV, very well. Some of the SIV info helps, but what they have for the SV is minimal.
Good luck