• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Removing Mech Tach Cable

fastfrontier17

Donation Time
Evening gents,

I'm attempting to remove the mechanical tach cable from my distributor. I see the top of the cable is knurled, which I'm hoping means it should come off by hand. Either my hands are too big, or its on too freaking tight. Anyone got any tips on removing it without messing up the knurls?

65beam

Donation Time
Use channel locks or large pliers, grip it tight and turn. Don't let them slip so hold on tight or you could damage the knurls on it. Harbor freight sells a small bag of rubber covers for use on regular plier jaws to prevent damage. They're well worth the couple dollar cost.

Last edited: