• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Remove Winding Window

ceecpa

Donation Time
The Workshop Manual says, "Spring out the regulator operating arms from their locations."

I interpret this to mean pry the operating arms away from the horizontal sliding block into which the arms seem to be pressed. I surely don't want to break an irreplaceable component. Is this the correct thing to do?

Thanks

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
THROW AWAY THE WSM.

I have no idea where that crap came from, but it will not work on the later Series cars. Remove the quarter window. Roll the window about 1/4 the way down. Slide the side window forward and work it out.

Bill

mikephillips

Donation Time
Besides reomving the quarter window, theres a stop at the front of the track the winder hooks into, remove the screw through it and slide it out the front of the track. Remove the various screws through the winder so it's loose in the door, it's much easier to unhook it from the window that way. Now tilt the window towards the front of the car and pull it out the slot at the top of the door allowing the winder, with or without help, to slide out of the track. Make take some jiggling around of the window and a friend/spouse's extra hand, but should work.