• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

reminder to you Southern Boys

Jeb Stuart

Platinum Level Sponsor
Walter Mitty races at Road Atlanta May 2nd - 3rd -4th. Maybe a Sunbeam of some sorts will be racing. A guy use to race a white LeMans years ago and another fellow a street legal red Tiger (license plate and all) but none that I've seen the last few times. However lots of other very cool cars from roadsters to all out racers. I'll be there w/ a light blue '63 Alpine or a black '78 cb750.

robertg

Donation Time
I believe Classic Motorsports will also have the Tiger they restored for their mag that will be featured for the next few months in the restoration column.

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Went to the Mitty today. Little bit of rain early, but it dried up. Lots of races were run. Saw one tiger run in a race called "the Anglo-American" It pitted american cars ( vettes, mustangs) vs British( Aston Martin, Lotus Jags, Mg) and then there was the tiger. Poor Tiger, It didn't know which team it was on. A vette ran away with it with an e-type in second. Highlight of the day was the appearance of 3 Playboy Playmates;). They were there in support of Playboy's sponsorship of a Miata racing class.
I will go again tomorrow

Had a great time will post pictures when I get home.:)

Sam

Jeb Stuart

Platinum Level Sponsor
Sam - I went on Friday, sorry we missed each other. Great fun. I thought the Tiger did every well considering it had a license tag and was most likely a street legal car. Did not see any Bunnies however or anything that came even close. There also was a hopped up looking Tiger in the infield. Very cool race cars in the pits plus I talked w/ people in the infield who drove cars including a TVR, Stag (w/ original V8), Cobra replica (several), 911 (several), 914-6, 928, Carrera, Spitefire & GT-6, Alfa Spider, GTV, lamborghini (whatever the new one is), Bentley fast back coupe, Ferrari 308, Datsun 510 & Roadster & 240-Z, AMX (all original w/ Go-Pack), tricked out Miatas (loads of them), early RX-7, Honda S2000, and more and saw some cars I didn't know what they were. I might go again tomorrow.