• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Reminded of how terrific this forum is!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am in the midst of remodeling my house and being a mechanic had to take a back seat to being a plumber, electrician and carpenter. Next week I get to be a painter. As a result, my usual habit of checking the forum multiple times a day has (temporarily) changed into just once or twice a week. Not great for the club president, but I know your guys will understand. That said, I just grabbed some time to catch up. I think I have been 'away' for about 4 days and have 5 pages of forum activity to catch up on. That is a terrific reminder of what a great asset to Alpine ownership this club and forum are. Some of you may have noticed my posts on Bring A Trailer after any Alpine is sold (I go by BackintheUSA, the same as on eBay), encouraging the buyers to join the club. I always tell them that this is the most active Alpine site in the world. I first made that statement after reviewing the overall statistics from other sites and forums, but just seeing how much activity there is a short time is evidence enough.

As I have said many times, this Club and its members are the best thing that has happened to Alpine ownership in my 40+ years. Thanks guys for helping us all keep 'em on the road!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
:) I originally wrote "Sunbeam ownership" but decided that statement might have been above my pay grade.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Jim,
We need to thank you for all you do as president. It is greatly appreciated and never taken for granted.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Jim,
We need to thank you for all you do as president. It is greatly appreciated and never taken for granted.
Thanks, but the real heroes of this club are: Eric, for coordinating everything to do with our membership, calendars and membership swag; Dan, for paying our bills and making sure we keep the lights on; and Greg for actually keeping those lights on! My job (and, I suspect Bruce would say the same) is relatively easy. As long as we all respect each other and observe the forum rules we put into effect a few years ago, the President of this club really doesn't have to work too hard. :) And. fortunately, everyone has been great for quite a while now!