• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

registry

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
Its still being worked on. Andy McGraw is writing all the SQL queries in his spare time. When it's finished it will have seperate menus for each series. We will have it finished soon

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks, I know you must spend a lot of time working on this site. Do you have any Idea about how many alpines were exported to the US, and how many have survived? Its so rare to see one on the road.

Thanks again

Sam

AlpineIan

SAOCA Founder
No, not really. I've not worked on the registry for many years now, but I seem to recall that we had well over 1000 cars at that time and I'm sure there have been more since then. You can check with Steve Shuttleton. He's the current registry keeper.

There were roughly 69 thousand Alpines built and I would guess that roughly half of them came to the USA. Series I and Series IV Alpines appear to be the rarest to find today. Most of the SI Alpines died because of the poor engine and ended up on scrap yards. We all know what happened to all the SIV's! :rolleyes:

New Alpines seem to pop up all the time. There are still a lot of them to be found.

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
No, not really. I've not worked on the registry for many years now, but I seem to recall that we had well over 1000 cars at that time and I'm sure there have been more since then. You can check with Steve Shuttleton. He's the current registry keeper.

There were roughly 69 thousand Alpines built and I would guess that roughly half of them came to the USA. Series I and Series IV Alpines appear to be the rarest to find today. Most of the SI Alpines died because of the poor engine and ended up on scrap yards. We all know what happened to all the SIV's! :rolleyes:

New Alpines seem to pop up all the time. There are still a lot of them to be found.

Ian,
Some quick 'n dirty data from the registry:

Registry Factory percent Series 1 121 11904 1.0% Series 4 153 12406 1.2% Series 2 309 19956 1.5% Series 5 453 19122 2.4% Series 3 387 5863 6.6%
Curious.

What happened to the SIV's? Sacrificed for Tigers maybe?

Allan