• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Registry is posted

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Hi, folks! The Sunbeam Registry is now updated, and current as of information received 6/1/2012. Thanks to Andrew for posting the update, and to all for you patience. (Our next update will be in early September.)

Our first order of business was to execute the pending updates and new entries, and highlight some serial numbers that may be inaccurate due to missing or extra numbers. Serial numbers we had questions about contain a red character -- either ? or X. (We also moved some S/Ns to their proper Series classifications, and have a few others to move pending S/N clarification or updates.)

Please check your listing, and look for the red characters, and also note any updates or corrections by using the Registry interface:
http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=17

Please use the Registry interface only. Please don't use this thread, PMs, forum posts, direct email, smoke signals, etc. This way all the information comes in via the expected channels, and the communication is appropriately backed-up and all that.

If you find you need to make a change/update, just enter your car's serial number, and what info needs changed in the boxes available. Then please place the word "UPDATE" in the comments area at the bottom, and a quick note about the nature of the change. For example: "Update engine number as shown". Or, "Color is now 19 Moonstone." If the serial number itself is the subject of the change, please put the correct one in the Serial Number box, and note the "wrong" one in the comments. For example, "UPDATE B395013950 is wrong."

What we would like you to put in this thread, though, are your comments and ideas about the Registry. Do you want your real name (or forum name) and/or general geographic location listed? (Do keep in mind the possible privacy implications of your choices...)

Or how about a link to your photo album or website about your car? More information about modifications, or originality detail? Entries for your "engine inventory"?

Also, please give some thought to whether we should add categories for Imps? Alpine GT? Other Rootes vehicles? Or just one other category of: "Other Rootes Vehicles"?

Please note that the scope of the Registry does not currently include detailed ownership history, listing update history, or other data concerning the car's "provenance." (We can't reach back into state DMV databases, for example.)

I'd also like to encourage those of you who have not yet listed your cars to please do so. I know I'll make sure to mention it to new forum members, too.

So let us know what you'd like to see. It's your club!

Thanks!

mattinoz

Donation Time
Nice work guys, thanks.
One thing I've just noticed in the SV listing is that the columns get out of sync about 17613. The engine # no longer aligns with the VIN. :confused:

Cheers

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Well, that's pretty squirrelly... but there it is. I'll check tomorrow, but I haven't done any column-wise cut-and-paste on the spreadsheet. Will fix and re-post asap.

Thanks!

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Opening the registry

Probably a dumb question, but when I go to the link, I just get the blank form to submit. How do I open the registry from there?
Bobbo

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
There are 2 links. One for "Add to registry" and one for "View registry". Did you try the "View registry" and it didn't work?

The "View registry" item should take you to a page where you can select which Series you would like to view. I think we should polish up that page some, at least make the font a little bigger.

Here's the direct link:
http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/index.php?categoryid=32

mikephillips

Donation Time
When I bring it up and look at the various series some of the entries are overlaid by the one next it it and the column headers are part way down the first page. I'n on an XP machine with IE7 if that might make a difference.

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Mike, if you could grab a screen shot of that, it might be helpful.

I'm viewing on an XP machine with Firefox, and a current Mac with Safari and Firefox. Haven't seen problems except for confirming the "offset" in SV (which is also there in my copies of the previous list), and a missing last line in SV as well. The files are basic .htm files, which is just like the format used previously. We could go to PDF and leave less to browser 'chance', I suppose.

I wonder if browser text size causes line wrapping. I'll play with that later tonight.

The S/N 'offset' in SV is going to require I go back thru the original input paperwork, and find out where the problem is, since it looks like it was also a problem in 2010. Gotta be done, though.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks for the categoryid-32, that lets me view the registry ( what the /#!! i'm not in there ). Will rectify that tonight.
The link in Ken's initial post only has a reset and submit button.
bobbo

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Ken; Is there or will there be a link on SAOCA home page for the registry?
Bobbo

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
It is currently in the menus: SAOCA INFO->SAOCA REGISTRY

Maybe we should make a more prominent link or button.