• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Registry error

mattinoz

Donation Time
I've just noticed that my SV 8133 is listed twice on the registry. The erroneous entry is listed with the 800's as well as in the 8000's. There's another 8000 similarly listed with 800's

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi,

I have just made the correction. I also changed number B395008041 to the correct location.

Regards,
Andrew Masse

mattinoz

Donation Time
Hi Andrew,

I note that the 2 erroneous entries I alerted you to are still erroneous!!!
B395008041 LRX ST Now Yellow -V6 conversion
B395008133 GTODHRO B395008133 164099 86 GT Originally #58 Midnight Blue Matt Hourigan

Also I friend of mine submitted his SV details some time back, but they have not appeared as yet. I guess the registry is not something that is maintained regularly?

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi Guys,

I am not sure about communication but I thought this was underway. I will start doing this work tonight and try and get things finished in a week. I apologize to our members as I am only one person. This seems to be important to our membership but please remember we do this work on “our own spare timeâ€.

Don't ask what your club can do for you, ask what you can do for your club!
Perhaps a story or a tech article?

Andrew

RootesRich

Donation Time
Please keep in mind (when ranting about areas of the Website not being updated in a timely fashion) that we have ONE webmaster taking care of the entire Site and Forum. He volunteers his free time to do this, which I find an exceptional sacrifice being that he's got a S3 that he'd really like to get back to running condition. The fact he puts the Website and Forum above his own personal interests speaks volumes.

Thank you for your time Andrew. I do appreciate your dedication.

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Sorry everyone.

We started working on a new registry responsible person several weeks ago when someone else pointed out how outdated the info is. I think we got about half way then it sort of fell through the cracks.

We are trying to get back on track and will sort out the maintenance and update the info shortly.

mattinoz

Donation Time
Please keep in mind (when ranting about areas of the Website not being updated in a timely fashion)

I don't believe there was any ranting going on this subject, merely an observation that an erroneous entry in the SV registry which had been flagged some time back, and which I had been advised had been corrected, was still erroneous.
I don't for one minute expect instantaneous attention when things like this are flagged and not being aware of the inner workings of the club I have no idea of the issues surrounding the work loads. Without communications from the website admins to alert forum members of the issues, we go on blindly thinking "it will be done in due course". But after 12 months or more has elapsed it's not unreasonable to enquire as to the timing of a likely update...hardly a rant :)

Matt

kwhite

Donation Time
Hi All-

Not to be a PITA but I too have notified the registry about incorrect info and hope to document provenance of my SIV for over 4 years.

B94102157 LRX B94102157 100 GT (this car was never a GT)

The car had an old club window decal when I bought it and had been repainted orange and set up for racing with CA owner. It had a blown motor and head when I purchased from KS owner. It is now on the road and a great driver-paint to be determined.

Any protocol for correcting registry? Any way to find out who owned vehicle when originally registered?

Thanks,

Kevin

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Kevin,
I'll include your updated information in the edits of the Registry information that are underway now. When the updates are published, we'll invite everyone to check and update their listings to correct errors, reflect changes in the car, and other data. I'm not sure we can help with the previous ownership question, though... there are a few different schools of thought on the privacy implications. And unless the original owner registered it with SAOCA, we wouldn't have that info anyway.

Thanks for your patience.

Ken Ellis
Registry

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Registry Up Date

Ken,

I wish to say thanks for your efforts to make "our" club better! and the "Best"!!!

I have three (3) Sunbeam Alpines that are not in the "REGISTRY" as of yet.

I did submit the information a couple years ago but for some reason they never were included. That is OK! But, if possible, time permitting and should there be a person that can add them, I would again say thanks.....

My Alpine Data is as follows:

1. Body No: B 940 0766 GT BW LRX Color Code 39 (Carnival Red)

Engine No: It seems to be blank (un-marked or milled)!

Other Engine Block Data: 1980 898 D 9-11-64 R 3

SAL: 375145

Note: This Alpine is one of the Rare Automatic transmission cars. When I received this car the BW35 was missing. Even though it is a GT, it came to me with a convertible top (Not installed) and wire wheels. This car was purchased for a spare parts car by PO but was never cannibalized. The prior owner removed the right front caliper and the right rear fuel tank for installation on B94103819. Otherwise it is original. I purchased this car in 1980. Has a lot of rust but, I now have it on the rotisserie for a complete body restoration. It is also undergoing a V6 transplant. I have designed and produced component parts for the conversion, especially the transmission mounting bracket for the Mustang T5 to the BW35 Alpine application. Sold some and perfected additional components including dual exhaust (Headers that run straight back "not out the side"). The initial V6 scheduled for installation was a 2.8 1975 Mustang II. Rebuilt completely, bored and balanced, Cam from Delta Cams, Ofy 4bbl intake, Holley 390 4 bbl Carb, '97 Mustang T5 from a 3.8 V6 #1352-238, then before putting on the road I removed the engine and installed in my ;67 Commodore Blue 13260. What do a stupid thing like that? Well it was said a 4.0 V6 could not be put in an Alpine without changing the front suspension and lots of cutting on the car, so I'm hard headed and don't yet believe It Cain't Be Done:)

It now has a '94 FORD 4.0 V6 OHV engine mated to an A4LD, fitted with Custom Headers designed specifically for the Alpine by me (DanR). A Fuel system is next. Perhaps a 4 BBL Intake ? Or better yet MICROSquirt:)

2. Body No. B 941 03819 OD LRX Color Code 70 (Maroon)

Engine No: B 941 03819 OD LRX

Other Engine Block Data: 1980 898 CC 27-5-65 R 3

SAL: 502898

Note: This car is completely original. It came with the Hardtop, Over Drive and wire wheels. I purchased it in 1980 from a friend (Kirby that bought and drove in England while He was stationed there), along with the B940 0766. It was driven for a couple of years, then had engine trouble, parked in storage since about 1982-83.

It too is awaiting restoration.

3. Body No. B 395 013260 LRX Color Code 106 (Commodore Blue)

Engine No: 395 013260 LRX

Other Engine Block Data: 1724 198 1100 C 30-11-66

SAL: 611 989

Note: Purchased in 1987-88 from a gent that lived in Waterloo, SC. He purchased it from a gent by the name of Jimmy Wham who bought/traded it from his brother (both live in Greenwood, SC).

Met Jimmy at a car show in Greenwood (2015). I saw a fellow giving my car more than a once over and was curious. Watch him for a while, then approached to see what his interest was. Introduced myself and discovered through our discussion He was a former owner. Learned a bit of Commodore Blue's History.

My Eldest son Danny drove the car for a few years. Had oil problems. Parked in storage till April 2011 when it began restoration. Placed on Rotisserie, little to no rust, one small patch panel approximately 4"x8" on right front quarter, cleaned thoroughly, used POR-15, painted original color code 106 Commodore Blue, coated inside with "Lizard Skin", then covered with "DynaMat" through-out the inside of passenger compartment and trunk area, converted wires to 4 bolt 7x15 chrome, new wiring harness, new radiator 17 fins per inch (in lieu of the original 9), If it needed replacing I have done so! Still, going!!!!

I also designed and installed a Vintage Air heat and air unit that is tight fitting but very effective heating and cooling the Alpine.

Since I finished restoration, I've driven all over the place, shows and events in a good many towns. Enjoyed immensely. Then I had a gent approach me wanting my engine (13260). Enough money passed hands and I installed a 2.8 V6! Yep, the one out of the 0766 that now has the 4.0.

Plenty of power and drives nicely. Completely accomplished with my designed conversion components including StraightBack Headers.

This is respectfully submitted for your information (December 14, 2016 Update).

Happy Touring,

DanR

Last edited: