• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

recommended alternator SV w/2.8 V6

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have utilized the Delco 1 wire on my Blue Boy V6. The alternator you select may effect the mount bracket also. Which do you have? Here is a PIC of my 2 piece bracket.
I'll try to find the info on another alternator.....Hitachi 12 volt Alternator

Attachments

• Delco Alternator 7127 1w  2 inch mount base         20211229_143947_LI.jpg
    Delco Alternator 7127 1w 2 inch mount base 20211229_143947_LI.jpg
    560.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DanR 2 PCs Alternator Bracket with arrangement of bolts and spacer     20200327_155338.jpg
    DanR 2 PCs Alternator Bracket with arrangement of bolts and spacer 20200327_155338.jpg
    938.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

Bill Eisinger

Platinum Level Sponsor
I'm using a Motorcraft 3G alternator. It puts out about 50 amps more than the Delco and also works with Dan's bracket set-up.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Make sure your wiring is sufficient gauge to handle the alternator output. E.g. I wouldn't put a high output alternator into my series V since it has the original wiring harness.

Mike