• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Reasons for using this site

Charles Johns

Donation Time
I enjoy this site for very practical reasons. Having traveled across the US in old cars for decades, I learned we have special problems if things break while traveling. Many Street Rod guys just "make do" with whatever part fits, but I try to think about how I can solve a problem on-the-road. Guys on SAOCA have probably been-there-done-that, so their info is well worth listening to and adapting to your car. I have a 4-cylinder but the V6 and V8 guys do things that can be adapted, no matter the power plant, transmission, brakes, etc., so I check them all. Also, not all venders are created equal, and SAOCA members know which ones are best. I remember years ago (1970's) getting a 1940 Ford Standard coupe grill that looked good in pictures...but it was garbage and made in Argentina. Several builders here have time-saving, money-saving, headache-saving info that is well worth the time spent reading. Keeping as many parts in the same car family (GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Honda, etc.) makes traveling repairs easier. My 65 Mustang is all Ford though many other brand parts have been adapted to the Mustang. For me, being able to pull into any Ford dealer for repairs makes me feel more at-ease while cruising the interstate. THANKS for all the info from all the posters who have given me ideas.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, Charles! I couldn't agree with you more. I am in a different place than you, experience-wise. I had some self-taught knowledge when I discovered this forum in 1999, but I have learned so much from the members of this Club that I cannot imagine still being able to own my now 50+ year old car - let alone three of them! - without the knowledge and experience that has been shared on this forum.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I'll chime in..
This forum software,
Allows big pictures and sizes them for you.
It saves you're postings so if there's a @#$_ing that happens your posting will not vanish.
I could add more but the biggest one is it's not Fakebook.