• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear View Mirror Paint

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am getting ready to bead blast the housing for the SII rear view mirror I have been restoring. That part is easy. (Although I did spend the weekend re-plumbing the garage to make the sand blast cabinet work better and be easier to use.) But I am not sure what paint to use when I am done. Should it be hammer or a crinkle finish, or just flat or gloss black?

Thanks.

jack Bacon

Donation Time
My Series II mirror looks to be fine wrinkle or texture finish. Years ago, I used to restore antique radios and the Atwater Kent brand used a wrinkle finish on the front panel. At that time, I found wrinkle finish paint at the hardware store. I think it turned out best to paint it after laying out in the sun for a while.

Jack