• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear tail light lenses and or assembly

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
Series 2 alpine..

I got hit in the rear today...lost a lens the trim and some body damage..
If anyone knows a source please let me know...Very unhappy

Chaz

Before the mishap
Alpine_gas_station.jpg

Last edited:

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
Series 2 alpine..

I got hit in the rear today...lost a lens the trim and some body damage..
If anyone knows a source please let me know...Very unhappy

Chaz

I have the metal housings for the series I I. Some lenses but would need to look.
Would have to go out to the shed. I'm in Central Canada so,if someone closer had what you need go,for it

agmason54

Donation Time
Chaz
Bummer..
I have both Sl and Sll-lll tail light assemblies and sockets.lnoticed someone mentioned Kipp motors..
I was looking for wheel clylinders for a 48 Minx.Kipp motors wanted $233 each.l checked around and figured out that the wheel cylinders were identical to49 MG.I bought all six from MOSS MOTORS for $190 to my door..
I have a nickname for Kipp but I dont want to offend any gypsies
Agm

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks Gents!

Thanks for your condolences....

I was real upset yesterday.... I have worked very hard on this car for the last 6 years little by little dialing her in....IT was quite a crushing experience to see her smacked about like a cheep whore...LOL and by a teenager just on the road...poor thing was in tears... and so was i inside..

Today i had at it for assessing the damage and taking things apart....
I looked around on line for a few tips on how to straighten things out..Some good videos on the subject gave me a great start and i made a bunch of tools out of wood and took it carefully step by step..Im proud of how things came out..So very carefully pounding things back to shape with a rubber mallet and some wood wedges i made things really come back. This metal moves quite easy.
The bezel straightened out quite well.with only a minor imperfection i can live with till i replace it (man these had been in near perfect condition too..ERRRGG

Some guy had used bondo to mold a good edge and then used that on the bad edge to pound it back into shape..Smart one!

On the body with the light out it was easy to get at and i came up with this little idea of using a big c clamp and some blocks of wood and metal to squish the metal back to straight..It worked great..then a small C clamp to straiten any small creases..It all came back together with a little finesse...(didn't know i had a body man in me too) there was some bondo in the area and the car was repainted before i got it....I suspect it was in a wreck once anyway...

So ill have to do a bit more to it but at least i can get her back together on the raod wile i source parts....

Let me know if you guys find anything...Really now i can be back together with a bottom lens...and then work on getting a replacement housing...

Thanks for all your help gents and gals,, it is so Appreciated....

ChazBeam!
Alpine_crash_2.jpg
<br>
Alpine_crash.jpg

fixed...↓ sorta.... Was able to straiten it out quite well.....I didnt think it was going to come back halve as good as this...still have to fix the bondo and paint..I hate bondo...some day this will get the full restore and NO bondo...Going to used solder all the way....
alpine_wing_repair.jpg

Last edited:

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
For a tail lens, check with Kip Motor. The L763 tail lens upper & lower for a series V I received looks like NOS instead of a repro. The part came in a Lucas bag. The screws came in a small Lucas bag. The adhesive on the bags looks quite old. The lenses have the raised Lucas lettering top and bottom, the L763 part number, and "England". See photos.

I don't know if they have the lenses for a series 2, or if they have NOS or repros, but it is worth a phone call.

Mike

Attachments

• DSC04931.jpg
    DSC04931.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC04935.jpg
    DSC04935.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 31

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
Great Mike Thanks

For a tail lens, check with Kip Motor. The L763 tail lens upper & lower for a series V I received looks like NOS instead of a repro. The part came in a Lucas bag. The screws came in a small Lucas bag. The adhesive on the bags looks quite old. The lenses have the raised Lucas lettering top and bottom, the L763 part number, and "England". See photos.

I don't know if they have the lenses for a series 2, or if they have NOS or repros, but it is worth a phone call.

Mike

Thats fantastic and appreciated mike..

Ill look into it..
Also how do you guys do the thumbnails ...??? i don't see a method straight forward?
Cheers
Chaz

Last edited:

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
For thumbnails...

Click the Paperclip icon, which brings up the attachment window. Click the "Browse..." button to locate an image on your PC/device. Once the image file has been selected, click the Upload button in the attachment window. Repeat the Browse and Upload process for additional images. When done selecting images, click the "Close this window" link.

Mike

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
Kips auto

Mike!
well it looks like they have it listed

L642/54570437 Red lens, bottom 39.50

Bit pricey but it is rare / cheaper then a modern car i bet!

Ill give them a call,, .. a few other guys piped up and said they may have something too so Again Thanks

Funny i don't get a browse button on Google Chrome using either link button you mentioned...

Scroll down for my new photos.....

Cheers
Chaz

Last edited:

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I use FireFox. I'm leery of a for-profit company providing a free browser. Maybe Chrome has a security setting that is preventing access to content outside of the browser sandbox, like the local filesystem? Browse around the security settings to see if you can find something.

I know people think Alpine parts are pricey at times, but I have generally found I can get Alpine parts cheaper than replacement parts for my new cars. I'm not complaining.

Mike

mamoose124

Gold Level Sponsor
Chaz
Bummer..
I have both Sl and Sll-lll tail light assemblies and sockets.lnoticed someone mentioned Kipp motors..
I was looking for wheel clylinders for a 48 Minx.Kipp motors wanted $233 each.l checked around and figured out that the wheel cylinders were identical to49 MG.I bought all six from MOSS MOTORS for $190 to my door..
I have a nickname for Kipp but I dont want to offend any gypsies
Agm

So, after reading your comment about Kip Motors, I took a look. First, they don't have much, only a few items have photos, the rest you must picture it in your mind, and, finally, the are pricey! Kip Motors would be my last resort when looking for parts.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Series I and II NOS Tail Lights

John Green wanted me to let everyone know that he has a good supply of NOS Tail Light assemblies for both early and late Series Alpines and Tigers. These are still in the Lucas box. He also has a garage full of parts so whatever you need John probably has it. You can call John at 818-349-7053 or email him at jackagreen@hotmail.com. If you call and John doesn't answer, please leave a message as to what you are looking for and he will get back to you. The reason for this post is that John is not computer savvy and asked me to help him out. He is a good resource for new or like new parts.

Rick Guest

Chazbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
tail light lenses etc

Wow thats great Rick....Thanks so much
Not computer savvy?...Old school you say? I like him already!

Cheers
Chaz

John Green wanted me to let everyone know that he has a good supply of NOS Tail Light assemblies for both early and late Series Alpines and Tigers. These are still in the Lucas box. He also has a garage full of parts so whatever you need John probably has it. You can call John at 818-349-7053 or email him at jackagreen@hotmail.com. If you call and John doesn't answer, please leave a message as to what you are looking for and he will get back to you. The reason for this post is that John is not computer savvy and asked me to help him out. He is a good resource for new or like new parts.

Rick Guest

kmathis

Donation Time
I have bought a lot of stuff from Jack Green, as well. He has a ton of NOS parts, and re manufactured, as well. I bought my Door latches, steering wheel, door handles, lock assemblies...all kinds of good stuff. A great guy.:)