• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Rear Springs

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Can anyone describe for me the difference between the Series I Rear springs and the Series II.

Also what is the difference between the I and II front shocks.

Thanks,

RootesRacer

Donation Time
The SI and S2 springs are similar in looks, the S2 spring is wider and has a higher spring rate.

I dont think there is any difference in the S1 to S2 front shocks.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
I meant front springs.
Well since both topic and the question referenced the rear springs, hence the response.

According to WSM124, the SI and SII springs were the same until mid SII production, where it appears that the spring length was increased, probably for a higher ride height.

61Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
Thanks for the information. I will be needing a set of Series II rear springs for sure but wasn't sure about the front springs.