• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

rear lights

valueextra

Bronze Level Sponsor
my le mans has had different lights fitted at some stage i have taken the old lights off and want to fit the correct lights which i have .does anyone have or know where to get or what to use as the raised mounts they sit on .i am told on some cars they were part of the fibreglass and on others they were seperate pieces.thanks

65beam

Donation Time
lights

i have a set of rear lights that are set up like the lemans. the light units are mounted to a pot metal housing that fits the contour of the lemans rear section if the car did not have the raised sections for the lights. i've taken them to the carlisle import and found no one that had ever seen them on any car. i'll go to the shop later and take photos of them.

65beam

Donation Time
lights

the light units are easy to find. coming up with a way to mount them if the lemans has had the mounting area removed is another problem. the lights were mounted to a raised area built into the fiberglass top.

valueextra

Bronze Level Sponsor
thanks .if i had some i could copy them .looking at my car the piece thats missing looks like it was a seperate piece .

65beam

Donation Time
lights

i own three lemans and have seen many others over the years and they all have the light mounts as a part of the body. i bought these many years ago at a swap meet because they do have the proper lights on them and the pot metal base would set at the proper angle on the body if they were ever needed. since no one has a clue what car they came from, including the guy i bought them from; the price was right. i do have in my collection a full set of rear lights in the lucas boxes with the rootes part numbers for the lemans.

valueextra

Bronze Level Sponsor
i have the lights brand new lucas .i believe some lemans had the bases ie the angled bit seperate to the body .after looking at lots of pics of different cars some do appear to be a seperate piece .do you have any lemans spares for sale .i need side chrome trims .i have the spears

thanks

65beam

Donation Time
lights

valueextra,
i have car # 9117763. looking at the registry you will see that there are 11 cars listed after it. it is a late HRO car that does not have the side vents in the top behind the side windows. it also has steel wheels, not wires. it does have the light mounts as part of the top. i looked in my parts book dated march, 1963 and it lists only one tail light unit for the lemans. it's the same as the units on my cars. i do not have any lemans parts i would want to sell. i do know that the mounts for the lights can be rebuilt by someone that works on fiberglass. a friend here in ohio owned a blue lemans that was hit in the rear many years ago and the rear section of the top required a lot of work to repair it. it still looked good the last time i saw it before it went to canada. send me your email address by PM and i try to get to the shop and take some photos of the rear and send them to you.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
As far as my knowledge all the later HLM had the integral raised rear light portion. For the early cars they had the separate glassfiber base. Since I also have a late project can not help to much but I'm sure there should be guys out there who can help you. By the way the rear light units are quite easy to find except the reflector ( cat eye) unit. This appears to be HLM unique. At least have not yet found any proper replacement...

valueextra

Bronze Level Sponsor
that makes sense my car is very early .and it dosnt look like anything has been cut off .i expect they made the roof then realised the lights where the wrong angle so made a base then later moulded it into the roof .

napa 1

Donation Time
a little late to the party, but i may have some pictures of the glass fiber bases that the tail lights attach to. Mine were separate from the car when I recieved the car, so i restored them and attached them...I think I snapped some shots of them when they were off the car if that would help. I'll look when I get home and post the pics if I have them. As a last resort, the MK2 Triumph GT6 uses the same (almost) tail lamp and has a rubber "plinth" that is angled probably fairly similarly to the angle needed for the Le Mans..