• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Racing photo collection

dla248

Gold Level Sponsor
I appreciate the posting on Waterford Hills. It is a very challenging 1.5 mile track with elevation and off camber turns. I started racing there in 1972 in an AH Sprite. Thought you would like to see a local magazine cover from 2016. Yes, it is Carl Christiansen's car that I am still racing. Last few years we had 3 Alpines racing at Waterford and Grattan, may be a record entry for the USA now?
Waterford Hills mag cover 2016_000077.jpg

dla248

Gold Level Sponsor
The engine I got with the car has 40 DCOE's with 36mm chokes. Engine has still been running strong, but the 40's are close to max. I have notes where he did some calculations with 45 DCOEs. 42 DCOE is new to me.

Dave

alpine_64

Donation Time
Many years ago carl wrote an artcile on webers on alpines...both the down draft amd dcoe. He discussed manifolds and jetting.

Iirc he suggested he used the rare 42dcoe carbs. These are actually listed as a carb for tuned race alpines in the weber guidebook.

Ive never seen an alpine run them as they are hens teeth and most run 40 or 45

dla248

Gold Level Sponsor
Here is a link to an online view of Waterford Hills from the Vintage Races in 2017. Fun club track, still active (with tall fence on the back straight for a subdivision now). Last year the track has been all repaved with asphalt. There was a picture in the first link above from 1974 of an MG from Bob Owens. He just finished rebuilding the MG exactly like the photo (in this 2017 race).