• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Race History Power Point File

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Hi guys,

I received a Power point file some time ago. I dont remember who provided the file but I would like to ask if it is ok to make a vidoe file out of it and include it on the club web site for everyone to see.

The original power point file had a number of credits at the end that included Steve S. looks to have made the PPT file and a number of members provided the images. Please email me and inform me if it is ok to use the information and have it on our web site.

Regards,
Andrew Masse

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
You can only do it if you make it in a quicktime format.

Eric
'62 SerII

Hi Eric,

Why do you say this? Would it not be best to produce it do the same as I did for the past Invasion? I could make links from the club web site etc.

Anyway, mpg2, mpg4, avi, window media, quicktime, etc. can be made.

I just need the ok to use the material.

Regards,
Andrew

alpine_64

Donation Time
Why not make it a downloadable PDF.. unless it has animation/video.. which also can be in PDF's.. but makes them largeish files.. though i still bet better than PPT

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi guys,

I received a Power point file some time ago. I dont remember who provided the file but I would like to ask if it is ok to make a vidoe file out of it and include it on the club web site for everyone to see.

The original power point file had a number of credits at the end that included Steve S. looks to have made the PPT file and a number of members provided the images. Please email me and inform me if it is ok to use the information and have it on our web site.

Regards,
Andrew Masse

This sounds like the presentation that Steve Silverman gave at the Tulsa Invasion a few years ago. The turnout at that Invasion was disappointing, so not many people had a chance to see it. Which was a shame, as it was fascinating! Of course, part of the reason it was so interesting was Steve's commentary and that of his friend from the Sports Car Forum (I am afraid I can't remember his name), but just having the pictures would be worthwhile. I hope you can work out the details. I am sure everyone would enjoy being able to see the photos.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Why not just re-save it as a Powerpoint 'show' (".pps") instead of an editable file (".ppt")? This embeds the player in the file and it will display in your browser just fine.

atallamcs

Donation Time
Permission

Hi Andrew,
I think the question you are asking pertains to "permission" and not necessarily format. Well I have nothing to do with the presentation in question but I gladly give you permission since no one else is speaking up. I say do it for the club and take objections as they arise.
Bill

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
I think he's after the permission of the person who created the presentation, who will have knowledge of any copyright restrictions placed on the presentation and the photos therein. I PM'd Steve S. to notify him of this thread, and perhaps his preferences will generate an email to alert him... We'll see...

Ken

atallamcs

Donation Time
Permission

Hey Ken,
I know that as I own a publishing company, but thought I would try to wake up the parties to be.
Bill

sunbeam74

Silver Level Sponsor
I had replied to Andrew's PM earlier. I need to see what he is posting first. It has been a fair amount of time since the file he has was created. I have a few different PowerPoint presentations I have created. Most images I have permissions to present but I should review the images since it will be posted to the public - not just a club setting in person.

Steve