• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Question for the brain trust

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
Just to close the loop on this one. I was able to get back out in the garage this morning. Decided to start at square one and triple check the work done on my winter project. I found the wire that feeds a straight 12v to the coil when starting was on the wrong terminal of the starter solenoid. Moved the wire and it started right up and ran for 6-7 minutes before I shut it down. It doesn't explain why it the engine quit the first time, but does explain the difficult restarts. A tip of the hat to Bill (and others) who pointed to ignition from the get go. It really helps to get a fresh perspective some times.
Thanks to everybody for their input!

TR