• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Q4 Throttle Linkage

skywords

Donation Time
In case anyone is interested here is the linkage I have put together from bits obtained from Aircraft Spruce and Specialty. Consisting of one bellcrank bearing and one fabricated .100" aluminum bellcrank riveted with 1/8" AD universal head rivets. 5/16" X 1/4 28 threaded ends with ball socket ends riveted to 3/8" OD X 5/16 ID aluminum tubing with 3/32" AD universal head rivets. Bellcrank is mounted to the aft intake manifold using an existing threaded hole (how convenient) The horn on the throttle torq shaft just aft of the firewall was shortened and flattened by hammer and torch method, then drilled to 1/4".

The throttle works smooth as glass.

000_0067.jpg

000_0066.jpg

000_0069.jpg

howard

Donation Time
Once again you've done some beautiful work, Rick! I suspect you're a freakin' GENIUS!:D VERY nice.

skywords

Donation Time
I don't genius applies but thanks for the compliment. Thanks for sending that chap in the UK one of the tranny covers.:)

64beam

Donation Time
Hi Rick,

That is some amazing engineering work on the throttle linkage. The intake manifold looks very interesting as well. Can you post a picture of the whole intake?

Thanks, Robin.

64beam

Donation Time
Go to page two of this modified section and there is a post of mine there with some pics.

Hi Rick,

I had a look at the intake setup and what a setup it is. Is the four into one throttle body stock for the quad four or is that something that you found? Is there any advantage in that type of setup?

Thanks, Robin.

skywords

Donation Time
Hi Rick,

I had a look at the intake setup and what a setup it is. Is the four into one throttle body stock for the quad four or is that something that you found? Is there any advantage in that type of setup?

Thanks, Robin.

The intake is from a stock Vin D quad 4 (a later variant) mine is a Vin A. Not completely sure what the difference is. I think a bit more pony's. I bought this from Jan and he was gracious enough to send me all the manifolds he procured during his period of Q4 Alpine thinking. I cut and fit the pipes to make it fit the car. If one was a little more industrious it could be welded instead of hoses. But what hey it should work, I fix airplanes with OEM induction systems built like this.