• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Putting Alpine on tall jackstands

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
We used the board cribbing in the pulp mill and the power plant. For large items we used railroad ties!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I don't say anything and the wife writes a check when he's finished.

He may do that for his work, but He would never get one of my Alpines to take a chance of "dropping".

Ever see one dropped from a bout 24" height? bad news and even worst if there are no wheels or other running gear underneath.

One of these days your wife (Jean)may need to write a check for more work than what should have been:)

Limey

Donation Time
Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 19.57.20.png Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 19.59.01.png Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 19.58.45.png Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 19.58.14.png Screenshot 2019-12-29 at 19.57.38.png ''I don't say anything and the wife writes a check when he's finished.''

If he finishes it...On the bright side if he dies half way through, then your owner/wife won't have to write a check I guess??...:rolleyes:

And apparently it's not your problem he kills himself fixing your car even though you saw he was being less than safe but said nothing to him? Jeez, that's so depressing.:(

I won't be reading this thread anymore...It's too sad.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hate to say it but some of the likeness of work conditions is what got the US into a few Regulatory Agencies.

phyrman

SAOCA Secretary
Diamond Level Sponsor
My friend made up a few sets of these to put yourSunbeam on to work on it.
The front caster/cradle is one piece and bolts on like the front X member. The rear is two pieces that bolt onto the spring mounts and then a cross piece is added to keep the rear supports from moving in/out
Works slick!

BD

Attachments

• IMG_2568.jpg
    IMG_2568.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_2569.jpg
    IMG_2569.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 46

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
My friend made up a few sets of these to put yourSunbeam on to work on it.
The front caster/cradle is one piece and bolts on like the front X member. The rear is two pieces that bolt onto the spring mounts and then a cross piece is added to keep the rear supports from moving in/out
Works slick!

BD

I like the concept of supporting the car in the normal locations (the front suspension crossmember mounts and the rear leaf spring mounts). I would widen the "front track width" for more stability.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I like the idea of adjustment for width! Not sure of the smaller casters! They would be fine on a concrete floor, just can't roll freely on softer surface.

Would be nice to have measurements in case I ever decided to build one.

The rotisserie (Harwood) I utilize for my Alpines is hard to beat!

Attachments

• Auto Rotisserie_plans Autobody 101.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 4

260Alpine

Silver Level Sponsor
No, but I live between Port Townsend and Port Angeles,WA in Sunny Sequim. Worked 29 years at what used to be Crown Zellerbach in Port Angeles. Nippon Paper when I retired from there. Now McKinley Paper. Retiring for the last time after 7 years as a Power Plant Operator at Griffith Energy in AZ in about 2 weeks. Retiring back in Sequim, WA.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
No, but I live between Port Townsend and Port Angeles,WA in Sunny Sequim. Worked 29 years at what used to be Crown Zellerbach in Port Angeles. Nippon Paper when I retired from there. Now McKinley Paper. Retiring for the last time after 7 years as a Power Plant Operator at Griffith Energy in AZ in about 2 weeks. Retiring back in Sequim, WA.
Congratulations on the upcoming retirement. I worked for a starch supplier and supervised a fleet of trial equipment used for new product introductions at paper mills. I now work in the ethanol industry. Unfortunately, not the beverage type.

Charles Johns

Donation Time
PROCRAFT, I am definitely holding my head low using stands...but I don't have a lift. My jacks are 6-ton each and I will make 2 x 6 secondary braces. I have but one life to give for my Sunbeam, and I do not want to give it up without a fight. Jack-stands, 2 x 6 bracing, and checking before each days work. Okay, back to the shop.