• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Pure Americana

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
At the end it says, "Sometimes I wish I could go back." Well, I can tell you that I ALWAYS wish I could go back. I was reared in So.Cal. from 1955 till I got married in 1962. They were the most fun years anyone could have ever lived. I had an older brother that used to take me street racing every night in the summer time. What a blast. Our secondary home was the drag strip. LOVED IT!!!

Jose :D

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
I'll have to agree with Jose, I too grew up in my teens in Cocoa Beach, Florida when the Missile Base began. (The early 50's and 60's) All the Aircraft Companies had people there and it was like a East Coast/West Coast because the Southern California people brought their way of life with them. Yes, it was the greatest time to live and to grow up. Thanks Scott for that great web site.
At the end it says, "Sometimes I wish I could go back." Well, I can tell you that I ALWAYS wish I could go back. I was reared in So.Cal. from 1955 till I got married in 1962. They were the most fun years anyone could have ever lived. I had an older brother that used to take me street racing every night in the summer time. What a blast. Our secondary home was the drag strip. LOVED IT!!!

Jose :D

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
Everybody should watch American Graffiti again. And I always loved that chopped Mercury that James Dean drove in Rebel Without a Cause.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Everybody should watch American Graffiti again. And I always loved that chopped Mercury that James Dean drove in Rebel Without a Cause.
I love chopped Mercs too. The next door neighbor to my ex-mother in law, owned a stock one that was in pristine condition,when I met him. I tried to buy it from him, but he wouldn't sell it. As he got older, he began to lose his ability to drive well, and he began to hit some solid objects along the way. Four years later, he had to quit driving because he had gotten dangerous in his driving, so his kids made him qiut. By then, the poor Merc was completely destroyed, by all the bangs he'd had with it. I wanted to cry. It was such a shame to see it get distroyed like that.

Jose :(