• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Project Car Wanted (Sort Of)

Lake Marina

Donation Time
Im a previous (~1980) owner of a '66 Alpine. I recently found that car (pictures and video in previous post) and considered buying it but it seems a bit too much imho (3k) for the amount of rust and work just to get it potentially running. Anyway, Ive got my workshop finished and "sort of" looking for a project. I was initially hoping to find an early/mid 60's falcon, dart, valiant etc. but when i saw my old Alpine it has sparked my interest as the size is manageable and will fit my bay nicely. Just looking for something that I can tinker with and get up and running (not looking for or to make a show car). I'm in Virginie (US) I would consider traveling with in reason to haul it home. If anyone has any leads on a vehicle that might work for me please send me a PM.
Thanks!

bulldurham

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have 67 I am selling. Pretty nice car w/ recent OD install. If interested PM me and we can discuss details..Located in central NC

Last edited:

Lake Marina

Donation Time
What is your budget?
Hi Junkman - I dont know what I should budget for a car I can tinker with and get up and running. Im not looking for or to make a show car or one that needs an engine overhaul straight out of the gate or new pans before I can get a sticker on it.
My local owner wants 3K for a car that doesnt run, had a hard knock at its last running 4 years ago that he said was a stuck lifter and all of the pans are rot. I suspect that is why the previous owner "parked" it and I also suspect it may be more than a stuck lifter.
I guess im testing the waters here and hoping the local guy will come down on his price for a vehicle that needs so much work!

Last edited:

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
What is in your local owner's car? A good overdrive (needed in todays highways) would be worth $1,000 and a good hardtop (with good windows) would be worth $1500+ to make the 3K more reasonable.
Depending on what all you need - engine work,floor pans (and probably a lot more rot), interior (carpet, seats, panels, dash), paint, and soft top would probably cost $1.5K to 15K or more depending on how good you want to make it.

Lake Marina

Donation Time
What is in your local owner's car? A good overdrive (needed in todays highways) would be worth $1,000 and a good hardtop (with good windows) would be worth $1500+ to make the 3K more reasonable.
Depending on what all you need - engine work,floor pans (and probably a lot more rot), interior (carpet, seats, panels, dash), paint, and soft top would probably cost $1.5K to 15K or more depending on how good you want to make it.
I does not have have overdrive or a hardtop.
Here is a link to a video of the car and here is another link to a slideshow of photos of the car.

Mikeflbmer

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have one for $10k....all hard work done...rust fixed, new floors, painted BRG....too many new parts to list.....Drive train in.....interior and dash and wiring not installed...car is in a barn covered up....thousands of dollars of new parts....early alpine 62 with 1725 installed...located in florida

R&V Alpine

Gold Level Sponsor
Im a previous (~1980) owner of a '66 Alpine. I recently found that car (pictures and video in previous post) and considered buying it but it seems a bit too much imho (3k) for the amount of rust and work just to get it potentially running. Anyway, Ive got my workshop finished and "sort of" looking for a project. I was initially hoping to find an early/mid 60's falcon, dart, valiant etc. but when i saw my old Alpine it has sparked my interest as the size is manageable and will fit my bay nicely. Just looking for something that I can tinker with and get up and running (not looking for or to make a show car). I'm in Virginie (US) I would consider traveling with in reason to haul it home. If anyone has any leads on a vehicle that might work for me please send me a PM.
Thanks!
We have a 63 Alpine with a rebuilt series V engine (1725) that my wife and I have been considering selling. Body is in good condition (no rust), interior needs some work. It does need a new top. New tires and nice wheels. We live in Va. also.

Lake Marina

Donation Time
We have a 63 Alpine with a rebuilt series V engine (1725) that my wife and I have been considering selling. Body is in good condition (no rust), interior needs some work. It does need a new top. New tires and nice wheels. We live in Va. also.
Your not too far away from me (I'm in Gretna) so i might be interested. Can you message me a few photos of the car?
Thanks!

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I have a late series V Alpine to sell, $5,000. Located near Dayton Ohio (near I-70 & I-75 crossings north of Dayton)
Jan