• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

posting new thread

jmthehermit

Donation Time
I'm baffled. Please help, or could you tell me if an automatic rear out a series IV Alpine is the same ratio as a 4 speed rear?

I'm having problems trying to post a new thread on Stock Alpine. Every time I hit New Thread I get asked to put in name and password. After doing so it still won't let me post, just asks for name and password again. Yet going to the other catagories I can get the Post New Thread screen (as you can see). thanks, Jeff

Wombat

Donation Time
Jeff

Have you tried clicking the "Remember me" box. I find that makes the board slower to kick me off, but I am puzzled that it only happens on Stock Alpine.

When they were made the SIV automatic had the same axle ratio as the SIV manual without overdrive BUT:

Up to B94102640 for the North American market the manual without overdrive and the automatic had a 3.89:1 and the manual with overdrive had a 4.22:1.

From B94102641 everything for the North American market had the 4.22:1. So if one is before the changeover and one is after, the ratios will be different. Hope this is a little clearer than mud :)

Cheers