• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Possible re-bodied Alpine on eBay (Alger)?

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Mark, That is a shadow of the correct "hat", I am suspect of the id tags and JAL held on with rivets. Nice looking car though, be interesting to see where it goes.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Here we go again! Come on, guys. I just deleted every comment once the discussion started to go south, which is the vast majority of this thread. Which is a real shame, as there was some good information in there about VIN tags that could have helped educate the community. But, bickering and criticizing each other does nothing to further the Club or help any of us keep our cars on the road.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
By the way rather than deleting the whole mess redact the postings. This is not political speech. I doubt that my posting pictures today and what I said was being argumentative with either Bob or agreeing with Michael. By the way the STOC Tiger page has a 49 page reshelling thread. I guess boys can be boys there.

Last edited:

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The discussion on VIN tags was the "good information" I was referring to. It would have been nice to have been able to leave it in, but letting things descend into name-calling and sniping is not worth the value of the information. We all ought to be able to express our opinions without being personally attacked for them. Disagreements are fine; being disagreeable is not.

65beam

Donation Time
Jim,
Anyone that wants to replace their old tag with a new one and wants the info concerning the person that can duplicate the original tag can message me and I'll give them the info. Not buying a few cups of Starbuck's Coffee will cover his charge for doing the work.