• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Poor man's hard top trim

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
What I have here is somebody's attempt to make a rear window trim for the late hardtop. I have a picture of it installed someplace but basically it's a bunch of smaller pieces and the corner pieces pieced together to equal one complete trim . I guess since there is no other available trim and all of Sunbeam Specialties rear window trim comes with a groove in it this would kind of fill it up and be pretty good for your 10-footer well maybe 15-footer. I don't know what a fair prices on this but I suspect it would be at least $15 to ship can a mailing tube to the East coast. Again this is not the real deal I don't know what these pieces were made out of but they surely fit into the reasonable facsimile or semi reasonable facsimile whatever you want to call it. I can't remember how many pieces it makes if somebody's really interested I'll lay it out in the shape it supposed to go in for a different picture. You'll need for five maybe six I can't remember of the little clips to hold it together

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_181019.jpg
    IMG_20190714_181019.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 41

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
That's kind of interesting, when I bought my hardtop it also had a whole bunch of pieces to it. longs, shorts, not in equal parts, and corner pieces. And it did kind of fit. I'm sure that's not mine you have, I believe I just junked it. Anyway, may be more to this than the eye sees.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
c4IV_s8ztAXqJJLOTKQhhqOpxi3e1JjOYSyLr15Nppd3pEMv7K9n7e-ZWwZCKG-CGu3B933E7Wqbu1hAv3ZfuhTmABGrtMkl7HYnToUxCrapsPXpVgOdhTsUkzyMoG2y5WVO65qomQ=w858-h643-no

As I recall it fit pretty well although the bottom piece is removed here. yes that is a tinted window . But its a plastic one CAT had made in the 80's

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
That is exactly the set up my hardtop had, down to the small parts along the top including the small connector piece. This hardtop came from a supposedly 68 Series V. It was interesting that the interior of the car had a whole bunch of different setups from Chrysler, Seats, Sunvisors, lots of different things looked like just came off their "extras" shelf.
Wonder if that is really a Chrysler "Fix"???? You may have the "Holy Grail" of trim pieces there Warren.
I originally posted about this same thing on this Aug. 12, 2014 just for reference.

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Wow it's funny that you ask this car and that top was in original paint car that I bought from the original owner in Escondido California. The car also had a Chrysler pentastar license plate frame on it. As l recall the side windows were original but the back window was obviously tinted. From the little bit of documentation that came with the car the previous owner had responded to a Tiger tag.
What's that? you Alpine guys are saying it is a tag that was sent out with the Tiger Tails publication that turned every member into a solicitor to get Alpine guys and Tiger guys into the club. In that paperwork though there was a clue or two that pointed to that hardtop coming off a different car.