• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Plate Bracket Hinge (short of a better word, wedge)

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Plate Bracket Hinge (short of a better word, rubber wedge)

Ok, can someone tell me if anyone reproduces the front rubber wedge hinge for the front number plate bracket. One of my rubbers has started to break down and I have been informed that it could get me into a great deal of trouble.:D

Seriously I need the piece of rubber that enables the front plate to be lifted out of the way allowing the hand crank to be used.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Andrew Masse

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Andrew, I have the same issue with mine as the rubber is getting tired, but to date I've found no one reproducing these. However, if you look at the design they're not that complex, so I'm sure they could be easily reproduced. Probably something Kip could do quickly.

Andrew

Donation Time
A Canadian Fix to any rubber mount!

Ok guys,

In the true Canadian way I just cut up two hockey pucks into square wedge shapes making two new licence plate mounts.

Woo Hoo, it looks good and holds the plate at the correct angle. The mounts even have the look of the original until you crawl on your hands and knees under the car. I didn’t take a great deal of time so I am sure they could be made even nicer. All I did was use the original rubber as a template and cut the hockey puck with a hacksaw. I know that this is very high tech so I hope I don’t loose anyone.

Fun and (hockey) games with an Alpine.

Oh, each puck was 97 cents, around 90 minutes to take things apart and then to cut and fit.

Andrew

alpine_64

Donation Time
Sorry,

just read this thread, a local member of the Australian club had these produced as per original and with a special rubber that while firm is flexible and can be mobed for the crank handle.

Think they are now sold through scotts old auto rubber in melbourne Au.. they ship international

Andrew

Donation Time
Rubber number plate mount

Hi,

I had a quick look on their web site but I do not see the part listed. It must have been a limited edition part. If anyone has more information please chime in.

Andrew

Sorry,

just read this thread, a local member of the Australian club had these produced as per original and with a special rubber that while firm is flexible and can be mobed for the crank handle.

Think they are now sold through scotts old auto rubber in melbourne Au.. they ship international