• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Pictures??

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I just watched the video. It made me feel even worse to have missed it, but - as father of the bride - I had a really good excuse!

The guy filming the show really seemed to like Bill Blue's car. Well done Bill! He also commented on a turbocharged Alpine. Who's what that and was it a stock engine?

Jim, there seemed to be more interest in my car this year. I think the TE/AE crowd is starting to understand what the car is. Very understandable as they are really not into Alpines. I think I will make up a list of modifications for the next event. That will probably be in 2019 as the next one will be held in Long Island. I really hate big city traffic, so you've gotta go.

The turbocharged Alpine belongs to John Selby from Cape Girardeau. The car is a real hoot, as is John. He has put a lot of thought and work into the car. As a result, it is difficult to tell that it is turbocharged, as the turbo is hidden between the lower front of the engine and the frame rail. I would bet most event goers did not know it is turbo'd. Just looks like a funny looking Alpine. A funny looking Alpine that goes like hell. John is a longtime Tiger owner and says the Alpine can probably beat the Tiger to 40 mph.

Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Bill. Cape Girardeau isn't that far from St. Louis, and I think I met John at one of the St. Louis British Car shows. As I recall, he had his Tiger there, so I didn't get a chance to see the Alpine and didn't know to ask him about it. Maybe he'll drive it to Long Island next year!

As for the NY United, don't rule it out so fast!. You can plot a route that will avoid much of the "big city traffic". Besides, you car can keep up!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I saw the Turbo and had a good look at it. John did a great job of making a "Sleeper".

DanR

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Bill. Cape Girardeau isn't that far from St. Louis, and I think I met John at one of the St. Louis British Car shows. As I recall, he had his Tiger there, so I didn't get a chance to see the Alpine and didn't know to ask him about it. Maybe he'll drive it to Long Island next year!

As for the NY United, don't rule it out so fast!. You can plot a route that will avoid much of the "big city traffic". Besides, you car can keep up!

As I recall, John has had the turbo car for several years, but has only this year gotten it on the road.

The Duratec Alpine can keep up, no problem. Not so sure about me. I cannot plot a route that misses big city traffic as I know zip about the local traffic and traffic patterns. Knowing traffic patterns is almost as important as knowing traffic density.

Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The Duratec Alpine can keep up, no problem. Not so sure about me. I cannot plot a route that misses big city traffic as I know zip about the local traffic and traffic patterns. Knowing traffic patterns is almost as important as knowing traffic density.

Bill

I can help with that. You would have lots of options, including going to Connecticut and taking a ferry to Long Island. That would land you east of where the event will probably be held, but heading west from there is easy, as long as you don't try to do it on a Sunday afternoon in the summer. And the ferry is nice. It is a much longer drive, but for the most part, traffic won't be worse than rush hour in Indianapolis. More of it, but not terrible.

We have a year. Don't rule it out; I'd be happy to help.