• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Pictures??

65beam

Donation Time
pictures

Lots of photos on the Sunbeam Tiger face book page. There is also a video on You tube.

65beam

Donation Time
pictures

You can access the United video by going to the TE/AE site. It's difficult to post photos on this site.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hopefully posting PIC's and other things will be resolved very soon....

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The "New" site is a TEST site until it is finally ready. No problem testing to your hearts contended:)

At least that is the way I see it!

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Don't have a date yet!

It is in the hands of the programmer.

A delay was encounter when the programmer was sick for a few weeks...?

In the mean time we are still testing trying to find any problems that might be embedded.

DanR

65beam

Donation Time
pictures

File size is not the problem. It's telling me that over a period of time I have posted too many photos so I'm unable to post any more. I exceeded the quota allowed for each member.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I just watched the video. It made me feel even worse to have missed it, but - as father of the bride - I had a really good excuse!

The guy filming the show really seemed to like Bill Blue's car. Well done Bill! He also commented on a turbocharged Alpine. Who's what that and was it a stock engine?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob, Sounds like a problem I had with my Cell phone while at the UNITED XXXVI in Va.

A notice came up sayings I did not have any more space for additional PIC's :eek:

Had to delete some that I really did not want to see go because perhaps there were no "copies" elsewhere.

Perhaps you can review you PIC's and select for deletion some you no longer need.

By then, perhaps our new site will be up and running and there would be too much restriction on the picture quota.

We need to pass this quota on the the Officers and see what can be done.

DanR

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Dan,

Quotas could be related to member status. My status has switched to 'Donation Time'. I did renew my membership in September while I still had Platinum level status, but it has recently switched to "Donation Time" now. The site says my PM box limit is now 20. Previously my PM box limit was 50. Seems likely that photo posting quota is influenced by membership level as well.

I believe 65beam's status was showing as 'Donation Time' earlier today. Now showing as 'Gold'.

Mike

Last edited:

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Dan,

Quotas could be related to member status. My status has switched to 'Donation Time'. I did renew my membership in September while I still had Platinum level status, but it has recently switched to "Donation Time" now. The site says my PM box limit is now 20. Previously my PM box limit was 50. Seems likely that photo posting quota is influenced by membership level as well.

I believe 65beam's status was showing as 'Donation Time' earlier today. Now showing as 'Gold'.

Mike

It appears that photo quotas are, in fact, related to member status. I don't have access to the place where that happens, so I don't get to see it. But I did have to manually update Bob's status this morning after I noticed that he made a donation and it didn't automatically upgrade him to Gold (as it did for everyone else who donated yesterday and today).

Quotas are something we'll have to look at for the new site. There's something like a limit of 50 there. While that may seem like a lot, a long-time member could already be well above that number. I know I was as soon as I uploaded 50 test images.

P.S. I've fixed your donation status. Sorry. With much of the work being manual (with the current site), I knew I'd make a few mistakes. I apologize that you fell victim to one of those mistakes.

Last edited:

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Sounds like there's a lot of work still to be done to the new site.

As a matter of fact, there is. Unfortunately, much of the real work won't come until everybody gets transitioned over and we start seeing what doesn't work for people. The order of the day will be patience.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Posting images on DanR's behalf.

Attachments

• Allan B arriving at assembly point to UNITED XXXVI.jpg
    Allan B arriving at assembly point to UNITED XXXVI.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 39
  • UNITED XXXVI in VA one side of parking lot _183659.jpg
    UNITED XXXVI in VA one side of parking lot _183659.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 37
  • UNITED XXXVI in Va another side of parking .jpg
    UNITED XXXVI in Va another side of parking .jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 35

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Greg for uploading the PIC's....

The first shows my friend from Atlanta, Allan Ballard meeting up with us at an Exit off I-85 in Spartanburg, SC. Allan's Tiger ran like a dream to Va.

The next two are at the Hotel parking lot where the Sunbeams were gathering.

The PIC's depict only a few of the many to appear during the event. The parking lot was filled to overflowing. The picture that Eric S posted, taken from the sixth floor window still did not cover to the full extent all of the Sunbeams on site.

Keep'em on the Road,

DanR