• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Pics and answers needed S2 interior.

norville

Donation Time
Folks, I have some seats so, I'm motivated to get going on this. My car is an early 63 S2. If someone here could post up a bunch of interior pics I'd really appreciate it or just send them to my email. bob(dot)murawski(at)yahoo.com

Pics of the dash and steering wheel cubby box and the rear deck lids and along the tops of the doors. I think I'm missing quite a bit of chrome...I need close up of where indicator lights go and what some of the holes are for.

Also how does the steering wheel go together? I have a ring for the clam shell but I'm not sure how the horn ring goes on and I think I have the wrong center piece for my wheel.

I'm going to put down dynamat on the floors after patching some holes. I have a bunch of factory holes without covers do I need to keep them open or cover them up??? I know I need to keep the tranny hump hole clear.

I need to rebuild some of the holes for the seat sliders on the floor. I'm thinking I have 2 options 1 use some 18ga metal and nuts or I was thinking I have some 1/4" plate I can drill and tap... thoughts?

I also need a pic of the fuel cap system area something... I do not understand what I have going on here. All I have is a pipe sticking out the side of my car...

thanks

bob

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bob,

i will get you some pics tonight. A few pointers though.

*The SII's dont have warning lights in the dash.. they are all contained in the gauges

*The dash should be a barkerlite material, with raised areas fo rthe gauges. It should be a grey/silver colour.

*The door tops are just painted.

*pic of fuel filler:

norville

Donation Time
Thanks, OK your top pic is what I should have could you remove the cap. I have the cap and the surround. but I don't know how it seals...

Do the windows have seals? Fuzzy's on the inside and rubber on the outside?? And I'm missing one door opening edging. . Kinda like molded plastic that covers the door opening edge..

I agree,my gauges have the indicator light but so does my dash. I am now thinking my dash was replaced??

What holds the horn ring on the wheel??

thanks

bob

alpine_64

Donation Time
Bob,

the chrome surround is held in place by a rubber gromet that inserts into the body around the fuel pipe. The cap simply screws on the top of the pipe (these photos were in my web album.. i can take pics of the filler neck later this evening when i get home)

As for the dash, perhaps someone has drilled holes in yours.. perhaps its from a SIV/SV.. does it have raised mouldings where the gauges sit? This would indicate an early style dash.

On a SII the windows have rubber channels with felt linning. They run in the back of the door window chanel.. there are ones on the front that run up the window guide (chrome pillar that guides the window up parallel to the windscreen frame.)

horn ring cant help you out .. dont have one and have not pulled one to bits.

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Bob,
I just sent you some pictures of our Sea Crest Green Series II, of the gas cap, dash, cubby box, and the top of the top of the door. Hope they help.:)

norville

Donation Time
OK... Bob I got your email but the one pic I need is a bit blurry. the one with the cap off. I truly do appreciate it however. I'm getting close. Your cap is very different than mine.. I hope I'm not SOL

It appears I have a later dash all the more reason to go with wood.

So early pines did not have window seals along the top of the doors? I added a pics so I'm not hunting down something that doesn't exist.

pics:
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/norville//ebay_038.jpg

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/norville//ebay_039.jpg

http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/norville//ebay_044.jpg

ebay_040.jpg

ebay_041.jpg

ebay_042.jpg

ebay_043.jpg

I'll turn these into links later in the week.

Thank you all for the help.

bob

norville

Donation Time
On my last pic. Do I just need a piece of rubber fuel hose and shove the cap on? I kinda see how Bob's works it's locking style . But the cap I have looks like a turn type??

bob

norville

Donation Time
Does anybody have a pic of how the horn ring is attached to the steering wheel. I have these 3 holes in the wheel but I cannot figure out how my horn ring attaches to the wheel? I have the horn mechanism it's attached to the ring. But I see how they work together. Is it possible that I have the wrong ring? I know my center emblem does not fit this ring.

bob

norville

Donation Time
It would appear I have the correct ring, thanks. Still I puzzled on how to make them connect. I posted a pic of my wheel above.

bob