• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Photo Gallery Photos

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
What are the size and quantity limits of photo gallery photos? I'm thinking it might be good for folks to post car show photos there, rather than in individual 'personal' posts. Individual quotas my make the photos go away after awhile, and photobucket accounts, etc., may be closed. If they were posted in categories of "2012 British Car Day, Dayton" then various attendees could post shots in one place, and then link to them in their discussion posts.

And if I understand correctly, they're submitted first, then approved for display? Not sure, as I've never done it myself...

Again, not something to make more work for Andrew...

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
The problem with the photo gallery is that guys post photos that are way too big and I am forced to go back in and size everything down to 640x480. The size and space of our site can be an issue if everyone starts doing this. It looks like there are a bunch of files again that need to be done.

I would rather see good examples of cars rather than a junk car out in a field but then that is just me.

Regards,
Andrew

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
How to Refresh in the Gallery?

Just attempted to make a comment on Gman-Alpine's Nice Alpine but could not get the "Image" needed to appear in order to make my comment(s) appear.

"Comment: Nice Car an color combo....
Enter the code you see in the image above (case sensitive)

There was no "Code"

What now?

Last edited:

Mike O'D

Gold Level Sponsor
Dan,

Same thing happend to me when I went to comment on your picture. Nice looking car! Commodore Blue - I think that is the first time I have seen a picture of an Alpine painted that color - nice!

Mike

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Mike for the good comment on my car.

I am surely enjoying getting to drive around in it.

Old times are brought back....

Lots of comments about...."Never saw one like that! Where is it made?"

or "Is that an MG?" Or "Is that a Tiger?" Ha! Ha!

Wait until I get one of my V6's done!!;)

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Posting Comments in GALLERY....

Still can't post comments!

What's the solution?

DanR

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Still can't post comments!

What's the solution?

DanR

Sorry, I think this feature is one of the many items broken on the current site. It looks like it is not displaying the Captcha image describing the code you need to enter to prove your "human".

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Broken Comment provision....?

Todd, What's the solution?

I haven't been able to "Edit" on the Gallery either.

Thanks for any help,

DanR

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The latest ?

What is the latest status on resolving the ability to post comments in the GALLERY?

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Any body working on the solution to not being able to post comments in the GALLERY?

How can I edit my post and/or delete one that is in the wrong place in the Gallery?

DanR

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Any body working on the solution to not being able to post comments in the GALLERY?

How can I edit my post and/or delete one that is in the wrong place in the Gallery?

DanR

I'm sorry, there is no one specifically working on fixing the gallery. We are still looking to revamp the entire website and forum, so basically waiting until that activity to fix all of this type of stuff.

I know it has been a long time coming, we're trying to find the time to work through this initiative, identifying a person or company to work on it, manage the features and fixes we need done, etc.

Asking for some continued understanding. I can take a look at moving or editing comments if you like, that might be possible. Just PM or email me the details.

Thanks,
Todd

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Todd for your service to the Forum....

The area of the Gallery I tried to change was where I had posted a PIC of my '67 Commodore Blue SV in the "Series II" area.

If you go to the Gallery and the SERIES II the picture displayed only a few minutes ago is my SV.

It should have been posted in the SV area.

My mistake! Just can't figure how to correct.

Then as you are aware "can't make comments in the Gallery either.

I fully understand that there is a need to upgrade our system. Best of luck.

I know a young fellow (Stewart Jones, IT systems) here in SC that has a business that supports their Computer Systems in various functions. Will give him your info. Perhaps he may be a good source for upgrading the Forum.

DanR

sunbby

Past SAOCA President
Donation Time
Thanks Dan.

I moved your pic, I figured out that can be done. I can edit the descriptions as well if needed but can't do comments.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I took a look and found where it went to the SV area. NICE!;)

Then I took a peek and saw where it is still in the SII area, so now you can delete it from there....

Thanks Todd for the help !