• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Photo Gallery idea

wframe

Donation Time
Would it be possible to have a category/section in the photo gallery that is specifically for close detail picture? Things like how the clutch slave cylinder gets mounted, how wiring and tubing should be routed, etc.

Just a thought.

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Not a bad idea! We need to clean up the photo gallery anyway because some are not putting their pictures in the proper category.

Maybe we could have a "Restoration Tips" category that would show those detail shots you mentioned.

I'll talk with Ian, webmaster supreme, about it.

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
That's a great idea, you know a picture is worth.............many threads asking the same thing.:D

Tom j

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Fun photos

I don’t know how you can sleep at night knowing that you don’t have a Sunbeam Alpine, they are so photographic.:D How in the world could you even own a camera let alone get up in the morning?:)

atallamcs

Donation Time
Photos

I'd love to but their is not any Tiger category :(:(

Why isn't there a Tiger Gallery? Seems the unnatural seperation of the two continues. I go to Tiger events and Alpines are forgotten children and vice versa. Might be a good time to open up the club--I don't think CAT and STOA even have forums--we should cross link to these clubs and expand the Tiger discussions and interest in SUNBEAMS.

Bill

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oops, sorry Rich, must have missed that back in December 2006! I guess timing is everything as we are discussing new things to expand the offerings on our website, and the suggestion for up close photos came at the right time. :eek:

As for the idea of adding a Tiger photo section, I'm split - One of the reasons Ian and I created this club was because of the lack of Alpine emphasis from the various Sunbeam clubs in the U.S.. The Tiger was very well represented by at least three clubs in America, and even more internationally. With no intent to offend I would simply ask "don't the Tiger guys have enough places to go?" It's not that the SAOCA doesn't welcome Tiger owners (we absolutely do!) but we'd like to keep the emphasis of this club and its website on Alpines.

Just had a thought as I was reviewing the above paragraph - could it be that many of the Tiger guys are looking for a new home because they too are dissatisfied? Help me understand guys.

mikephillips

Donation Time
Any restoration photo galley should naturally be broken down into the various series, and subcategories to keep confusion to a minimum as well.

chris

Donation Time
. With no intent to offend I would simply ask "don't the Tiger guys have enough places to go?" It's not that the SAOCA doesn't welcome Tiger owners (we absolutely do!) but we'd like to keep the emphasis of this club and its website on Alpines.

Just had a thought as I was reviewing the above paragraph - could it be that many of the Tiger guys are looking for a new home because they too are dissatisfied? Help me understand guys.

Not to stir the pot, but there is now a section in the forum for Harrington's and Tiger's. If they are included in the forum they might as well be included in the photo gallery.

Duke

Donation Time

Dissatisfied, not yet. I have not had a Sunbeam since 1995 and am still waiting on my Tiger to be delivered, so I have not had time to get dissatisfied by any group.

I come here much more often than TE/AE and CAT web pages due to the activity of this Forum. CAT does not have a forum and the TE/AE forum is very quiet. I am a member of TE/AE, CAT and a Gold sponsor here.

So far, all of my "newb" questions have been answered to my satisfaction and I really enjoy the group. I also plan on attending Invasion 8 this year, I have hotel reservations.

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
This is a great thread. As I've gotten back to getting my SV back on the road, I find myself pleading for photos from those who have "been there-done that" so I don't have to re-invent things. For example, there have been some threads on installing Webers and it would be great to have a place to post photos on how folks have installed 'store-bought' or 'home-grown' linkage. It's hard for me to visualize written descriptions of the details, but detailed photos would be outstanding.

I haven't seen any negative opinions on establishing this... is it a matter of Ian (or others) finding the time to do it? I know how time-intensive it is to maintain the site...

Series3Scott

Platinum Level Sponsor
This is a great thread. As I've gotten back to getting my SV back on the road, I find myself pleading for photos from those who have "been there-done that" so I don't have to re-invent things. For example, there have been some threads on installing Webers and it would be great to have a place to post photos on how folks have installed 'store-bought' or 'home-grown' linkage. It's hard for me to visualize written descriptions of the details, but detailed photos would be outstanding.

I haven't seen any negative opinions on establishing this... is it a matter of Ian (or others) finding the time to do it? I know how time-intensive it is to maintain the site...

In a nutshell, yes, it has everything to do with it. I have a bit more time than Ian does but don't have a clue where to begin with setting up the website.
I can handle the forum ok, but wouldn't know where to begin setting up new sections in the photo gallery.

Bill Tubbs

Donation Time
Well, that makes sense. I run a couple of organizational websites and I'm always getting 'pestered' (not really) to add/change/update and while I wouldn't volunteer to do this if I didn't have the time, I DO know how much time it takes. Maybe one of these days...

Thanks for the feedback!
Bill