• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Phoenix Wheels of Britain Show

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
I thought I saw this already posted, but can't seem to find it now. If it's a redundant post, my apologies.

There were 4 very nice Beams at the Phoenix Wheels of Britain show on the 13th of March at Heritage square. Good show, my first for many years but wasn't able to get the Beam there. The Lotus kept the schedule quite full as it was.

wobmar2010sunbeams1.jpg

wobmar2010lotusesprits.jpg

wobmar2010jagsedans.jpg

wobmar2010triumphtr6s.jpg

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
Some of the individual stand outs of the day:

The MG on the right, not a TA but similar and yet earlier....can't recall the model exactly but what a sweet car.

wobmar2010mgjagandrolls.jpg

A very nice MG TC:
wobmar2010mgtc.jpg

This Triumph TR250 was quite tidy.

wobmar2010triumphtr250.jpg

wobmar2010triumphtr250b.jpg

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
Last but not least, this Zagoto bodied Jag XK 140 showed up later and stunned quite a few of us who saw it.

wobmar2010zagatojagembl.jpg

wobmar2010zagatojagrf.jpg

wobmar2010zagatojaglr.jpg

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Rodewaryer,

Thanks for posting this and was good to meet you. We're trying for 7-9 cars next year. Placement depends on the number of cars in the class so the more cars, the nicer the location. Look forward to having yours and Jim D/Manyfords car there next year.

For the record, the MkII is Richard Schulte's. It's won multiple awards and was in Masters Class this year. He placed 4th there but a few years back he took second in Masters...... The light blue Tiger belongs to member Jim Snell. Good looking car and it sounds great. The metallic blue car is mine and the red S2 belongs to Rex Funk who drove up from Tucson that morning to take second in class.

Rex drove that car to the Invasion, then all over the Western US last summer. He also went on the PIR course twice last year at our Arizona Sunbeam club meets and drove the wheels off. The car flys. It's reliable as a rock and a great example of our Alpines. He should have taken First in class but instead it went to a V6 conversion... I voted for it on the basis that it was stock, reliable and Rex isn't afraid to take it anywhere, anytime, or drive it hard.

Rodewaryer

Donation Time
The general public are a funny lot, if Rex had been there with his car most the day (I was around a lot and never noticed anyone at his car) the results may have been different. You were around your car a lot (at least it seemed that way) and I think that is endearing to people. I got that feeling around some of the other marques, when you connect with someone that's a genuine motorhead and really into a well prepared/presented car, that also counts. When the owner isn't with their car you never know if they just bought it that way, paid someone to do the work or poured blood sweat and tears into it themselves.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
The reason I was there much of the time was because my back was killing me and I only had about 3 hours of sleep the night before. :eek: If I had brought a recliner I might have slept thru the event.