• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Period Koni Shocks

Pete S.

Bronze Level Sponsor
Anyone undertake a home garage rebuild of period Koni shocks used on a Tiger? Doesn't seem any of the people Koni suggests are interested enough to respond to my emails.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Anyone undertake a home garage rebuild of period Koni shocks used on a Tiger? Doesn't seem any of the people Koni suggests are interested enough to respond to my emails.

This was a place I contacted in California (https://performanceshock.com/) for the #41 Sebring Alpine. Bruce Ritchie's reply is below.

Hi Jerry,

Rebuild/Restoration cost can vary between $200 to $400 per shock depending on what needs to be replaced.

We advise customers replace KONI dampers outright with new (if they are still available) as it is a more cost effective exercise to replace Vs rebuilding them. Commonly available New KONI shocks should be approx $120 each.

If you are wanting to rebuild your shocks to maintain date codes for historic purposes we can give you an accurate quote once we have them disassembled, cleaned and inspected. (Please note there is a $150 inspection fee if you decide to not proceed with rebuilding to cover the cost of the time to quote.)

Our current lead time is approx 3 weeks.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Kind regards
Bruce

Subsequently I found a rear set (63-68 Corvette) for my Alpine from Ecklers in Florida (they are on back order). I don't believe these would work for the Tiger. I'm still musing about the front shocks.