• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

PCV Setup W/Pierce Manifold

johnd

Donation Time
What is the best way to setup the PCV valve when using a Weber carb and a Pierce manifold? At present, my PCV valve is attached to a hose horizontally and in-line. This means that there is no gravitational pull on the PCV ball and that strikes me as being wrong. However, since the manifold port is threaded and no PCV valves are available for a 1725 engine with compatible threads there does not appear to be any alternative. Any thoughts? Thanks.

65beam

Donation Time
manifold

A couple photos of two of my cars using an original intake and PCV. I run the hose from the side cover behind the head to keep it out of the way.

Attachments

• 107_1011.jpg
    107_1011.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 100_0549.jpg
    100_0549.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 25

65beam

Donation Time
Pcv

You're right, the pierce does not have a PCV port. Here's a photo of another of my 69 Alpine GT that did not have A PCV from the factory. The side cover does not have a vent tube like late Alpines.

Attachments

• 100_0254.jpg
    100_0254.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited: