• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Paul

Shall SAOCA send a contribution to Paul's charity of choice

• Yes

Votes: 6 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
One of the things I saw on the obituary was the request for donations to go to a favorite charity. I ask you to vote whether or not SAOCA will send one. It's the Club's money so vote. In the notes section post the amount you'd be comfortable with. $100-$500.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
How do you get to the "Note Section" ?

I'd vote for $100

DanR

P.S> I made a reply to the original post as: PAul, I've just arrived back home from the UNITED XXXVI in VA. Haven't seen the OB!

Where is it available? What Organization?

As for what the Board wants, please advise....give me some vote numbers and include the amount, if we approve a contact point/mail address etc., perhaps sent to the family for their presentation?

DanR

Last edited:

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
How do you get to the "Note Section" ?

I'd vote for $100

DanR

P.S> I made a reply to the original post as: QUOTE: PAul, I've just arrived back home from the UNITED XXXVI in VA. Haven't seen the OB!

Where is it available? What Organization?

As for what the Board wants, please advise....give me some vote numbers and include the amount, if we approve a contact point/mail address etc., perhaps sent to the family for their presentation? UNQUOTE

http://obits.reviewjournal.com/obituaries/lvrj/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=186745174

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
One of the things I saw on the obituary was the request for donations to go to a favorite charity. I ask you to vote whether or not SAOCA will send one. It's the Club's money so vote. In the notes section post the amount you'd be comfortable with. $100-$500.

Is this a one time thing for Paul or will it apply to all future deaths?

Bill

dwolff706

Donation Time
I vote for a $100 donation from the club.

Just for a bit of perspective, according to GuideStar.org, the organization Young Life Foundation has an annual budget over 10 Million and appears to have had $40 Million in 2008, the last year of their available form 990... The reason I note this is in relation to the amount of our donation... an organization of their financial standing won't see a significant impact if we give anything under approximately 10K. In no way am I suggesting we donate to another organization, this is what Paul and his family wanted and it should be honored.

Bill raises an interesting question, maybe we'd like a policy or guideline?

Best to all from smokey NorCal
Dave

Last edited:

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I like to think all our members contribute to SAOCA but Paul was a signicant force. I think it would be a small gesture of recognizing his contribution.

It's no secret that the core of people in our hobby are aging faster than younger people are entering. Future Boards and membership will need to make a decision to post a poll like this down the road. If this idea isn't supported by the membership we won't do it.

As far as the charity selected by the family in lieu of flowers, I would respect their wishes, if we choose to do something.