• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Paul Scofield RIP

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Guys - last night Paul Scofield unexpectedly died of heart failure. Paul was an early supporter of the club and a friend of mine. I grieve for his wife Wendy and his kids and grandkids. Paul had been busy working on his Tiger and enjoying his retirement. Please keep the family in your thoughts and prayers.
Thank you.
Scott

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
I believe that Paul has been on this board since its inception. He was a great and knowledgeable member, who often helped people out with offering a hard to get part. He will be greatly missed.

Ed

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
Oh my. This is a loss. So sad. He was just 59 yrs old. He had his opinions, but was quite generous and supportive in many ways. We will miss his knowledge and caring. I visited him in KC in 2013 on my western trip and he had a lot to share. His garage had a lot of well organized parts. If I can figure out how, I will post a picture. I've done it before, but something has changed.

Tom Hayden

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
A sad day for sure. Condolences to his family and friends, both local and in the Sunbeam world.

Tom, let me know if I can help with your picture. I'll PM my email address to you.

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Didn't know Paul very well but did have a few dealings with him in the short time I've been a member here and found him to be a very nice person. Heart felt condolence's to his family and all who knew him well ... I'm sure he'll be missed.

.... Make sure to tell the one's you care about what they mean to you as all our time here is precious and short.

.... Take care everyone, David

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
I am shocked to hear this. Will take a Sunbeam drive today in his memory and remember him and his family in prayers. Eric

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
Oh No, I just read this. Terrible.
And to add, Paul had a great sense of humor too, and he made me laugh.
Jan

john.hemsath

Diamond Level Sponsor
In Paul's honor

I, like 65sunbeam, will take a spin in my Alpine in honor or Paul. Never met the man, but enjoyed reading and appreciated his posts on the forum. Scott, please pass along my condolences to his family.
Regards,
John Hemsath

Ken Ellis

Donation Time
Photo and caption courtesy of Tom H:

"That's Paul, the taller guy in the blue shorts next to his Alpine, and me (Tom H) and my Alpine to the right. Photo in his garage in KC in Sept 2013."

Attachments

• Paul Schofield.jpg
    Paul Schofield.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 57

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, Ken for uploading Tom's picture of Paul &Tom together.

Just look at those smiles.... makes my day:D

DanR

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
David - SoCal'Beaming- Do you know where his family lives? Where the funeral will likely be? Where we might find his obit and a place to put a condolence?

Tom

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
David - SoCal'Beaming- Do you know where his family lives? Where the funeral will likely be? Where we might find his obit and a place to put a condolence?

Tom

I believe there in Las Vegas, I'll have to check my contacts to see if I still have any information. I believe Series3Scott might be a better source as I talked to him(Paul) only by emails about parts he had and didn't know him personally.

..... David

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
PIC of Paul

Nick there is a good one already POSTed at Number 11 by Ken that is of Paul & TomH with their Red Sunbeams...

DanR

Jimjordan2

Donation Time
I understand what Nick is saying, While Tom is a handsome character and the photo is greatly appreciated. A nice photo of Paul and his car posted on the Marque would make a great tribute to him.

Dang it, Paul will be missed. His wit sometimes escaped some, but, I for one greatly appreciated it and will miss him on the forum.

I know he bought parts from me, I've bought parts from him, and always felt that I was dealt with very fairly.

Have a good drive Paul.

Jim Jordan.