• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Parts Unknown?

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Can anyone tell me what this is? Looks like a lift hook of some kind but I don't remember seeing one like this. Thanks for any clues.

Rick

Attachments

• IMG_6312.JPG
    IMG_6312.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_6313.JPG
    IMG_6313.JPG
    532.2 KB · Views: 50

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks Gary. Unless they are different in the late Series Alpines, this hook does not look anything like the one in the trunk mechanism in my Series II car.

Rick

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
The Series II hook is much longer and uses a different spring on this hook that is on the end of the trunk attachment arm.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
That would be a piece for one end of the Trunk spring to fasten in the slotted "j" looking end. The other end of the spring fastens into a hole ( several holes are available to adjust tension) in a brace near where the Shock fastens for SIII -SV's.

I'll try to find a PIC for you,Sam's Green1 Dynamat and Lizard Skin   20170722_191412 (13)_LI.jpg