1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Parts Unknown?

Discussion in '"Stock" Alpine' started by tylerite3124, Aug 13, 2019.

1. tylerite3124

tylerite3124 Platinum Level Sponsor

Can anyone tell me what this is? Looks like a lift hook of some kind but I don't remember seeing one like this. Thanks for any clues.

Rick

Attached Files:

2. Gary T

Gary T Gold Level Sponsor

That part is a lift arm connected to a spring for the trunk mechanism.

3. tylerite3124

Thanks Gary. Unless they are different in the late Series Alpines, this hook does not look anything like the one in the trunk mechanism in my Series II car.

Rick

4. Gary T

Gary T Gold Level Sponsor

The Series II hook is much longer and uses a different spring on this hook that is on the end of the trunk attachment arm.

5. 65beam

65beam Platinum Level Sponsor

It looks to be off of a carb . Possibly part of the choke or idle mechanism.

puff4 likes this.
  6. DanR

DanR SAOCA Treasurer Diamond Level Sponsor

Rick, For a sure identification, can you provide some measurements?

7. George Coleman

George Coleman Gold Level Sponsor

Its ether (based) on size fast idle arm from the Stromberg carbs. or the trunk hinge spring holder!

8. tylerite3124

Hi Dan:
    The part is about 2 5/8" long, 1 1/2" wide at the hook end, is about 1/4" thick and weighs 3 ozs. Hope that helps.
    Rick

9. DanR

That would be a piece for one end of the Trunk spring to fasten in the slotted "j" looking end. The other end of the spring fastens into a hole ( several holes are available to adjust tension) in a brace near where the Shock fastens for SIII -SV's.

I'll try to find a PIC for you, Sam's Green1 Dynamat and Lizard Skin   20170722_191412 (13)_LI.jpg

10. tylerite3124

Thanks all. I appreciate the input from everyone. No longer an unknown part!
    Rick

11. Barry

Barry Platinum Level Sponsor

Guess nobody noticed post #2. Gary T correctly identified the "unknown part" 3 minutes after the original post.

alpine_64 and tylerite3124 like this.
  12. DanR

I missed it for sure:eek:

13. tylerite3124

Does anyone need this part because I don't. FREE to a good Alpine home!
    Rick