1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Parts sources

Discussion in 'Modified Alpine' started by Charles Johns, May 5, 2020.

1. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

Beautiful View! Love it.

2. Barry

Barry Platinum Level Sponsor

Looks like some version of an R22.

3. weaselkeeper

weaselkeeper Silver Level Sponsor

Charles:

I didn't get to fly, but worked on F-4s, F-111s and A-10s so others could fly. I did manage find my way into the back seat of F-4s a couple of times however. I did deploy to SWA several times in support of Southern Watch and Northern Watch , Iraqi freedom later.

To keep this related to Sunbeams, Here's a pic of the vintage air heater (without the defrost hoses) . Also attached is the heater valve installed where the old heater core went. You can clearly see the bulkhead connectors for the heater hoses as well.

Attached Files:

4. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

Weaselkeeper, What the model number of your vintage Air ?

5. Charles Johns

Charles Johns Donation Time

Weaselkeeper, me too as far as not flying. I started as a mechanic on prop planes but switched to working on Log Books. I worked in the Ready Room with the pilots but seldom flew, but had to schedule workload on planes to keep them in the air. When I first went aboard ship I was an E3 with the power to tell a pilot he could not use that plane because it was scheduled for maintenance. My captain told me, "Johns if you have trouble with any pilot, tell them to see me." Thankfully that happened only a couple of times. I loved to fly but an F4 blew out my left eardrum ending my flying. Thanks for the under dash shots with the heater. Mine will be similar.

6. weaselkeeper

weaselkeeper Silver Level Sponsor

Dan. It's a vintage air
    Gen II heater with defrost. No. 506101

7. Charles Johns

Charles Johns Donation Time

I can't tell from the pix...is that a Rotating-Wing flying machine?