• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Parts manual hosting?

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
It usually requires a lot of additional work, but the PDF files could be run through an OCR program to convert images of text into real text. It's about as far from a perfect process as you can get, and sometimes takes a lot of reformatting to get it near original condition.
Rich

Yes, and a good deal of the time running a OCR program will give you an error in the text. I would hate for this to be a full time job. Is this a job you are willing to take on?

Andrew

gordonra

Donation Time
I'm afraid that there is no way I can take on a task such as that right now.

As for digitizing manuals, there are office copier/scanners with page feeders.... perhaps at one of the many "away from home" offices such as a Kinko's or Copy Cat. The only problem there is having to seperate the pages of the manula to fit in the feeder.

Andrew

Donation Time
I have the Harrington and Rapier parts catalogue. I will try and get the time to PDF it for the club.

Regards,
Andrew

TheBrownHornet

Donation Time
Greetigs All,

I have the Series I-IV WSM124 including up to about re-issue #6 as text searchable pdf's.

My manual is one of the post bound ones so I pulled it apart and scanned it.
It's all been optimised to reduce file size and run through the text recognition. Whilst not indexed at all you can search for key words etc in Acrobat
Each of the chapters is a seperate file.
Total of 21 files for 36Mb with the largest being just greater than 10Mb. No idea why, but the fuel system chapter just won't get any smaller.

I have no facility (or knowledge) on how to host but would be happy to send them through for hosting on the site.

Cheers

Graham

Andrew

Donation Time
As soon as get some time.

Thanks for the help and content guys.

I am way to busy right now but I have started to post a few things. I have also corrected a number of links to our past "Alpine Marque" publications. As I get time I will post new shop and parts manuals.

I also said that I would document how I made my seats fit into my S3 and I still hope to do this and provide it as a feature article.

If anyone is doing work on their car and if it is possible to take photos and write an article, that would be a great addition to the club web site and it would help everyone. Please keep the Newbie's or backyard tinkers in mind.

Andrew