• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Parting out a Series V in NY

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Just picked this up yesterday. The car is complete, but rusty. The drivetrain has been
spoken for but just about everything else is up for grabs.

PM me with any needs.

Cheers!
Steve

Hi Steve.

Does the Rebel harness include the front lights, dash and rear harness or are these purchased separately?

Rick

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Does the Rebel harness include the front lights, dash and rear harness or are these purchased separately?
Hi Rick,
The harness is complete with wiring for the headlights, turn signals, parking lights, horns (with relays) as well
as tail lights, rear turn signals and license plate lights. The harness even has provisions to hook up back up lights
should you want them.
Cheers!
Steve

Silver Creek Sunbeam

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi Steve.

Rick
Just to add a little...

I’ve installed one Rebel harness and am getting ready to install a second.
I’m very pleased with the harness and the support that Steve provided when I was installing it.
I believe the only original wiring that I re-used was the ‘daisy chain’ for the gauge lighting and the original OD harness.
There is PLENTY of length on the wire to allow mounting of your fuse block wherever you’d like.

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Hi Rick,
The harness is complete with wiring for the headlights, turn signals, parking lights, horns (with relays) as well
as tail lights, rear turn signals and license plate lights. The harness even has provisions to hook up back up lights
should you want them.
Cheers!
Steve

Thanks Steve.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Glad you got it, ahead of schedule!
Hopefully means the Post Office is getting back to the way they were!
Cheers!
Steve

GothamSunbeam

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi-- would be interested in a usable wire wheel or two, rear taillight plinths and lenses, headlight rings and front turn signals. LEt me know when you get a chance. thanks, Tom

tylerite3124

Platinum Level Sponsor
Glad you got it, ahead of schedule!
Hopefully means the Post Office is getting back to the way they were!
Cheers!

Steve:

Not a chance on the Post Office Steve. I mailed a pair of calipers to be rebuilt in a USPS Medium Flat Rate Box on February 9. 17 days later it made it to the DISTRIBUTION CENTER which is about 35 miles from the PO where I dropped it off. 17 days to go 35 miles. The calipers still have to get from DFW to WA state so it will likely be almost a month for a 3-Day Priority package to get there. On the other hand, I ordered a part from Thailand 10 days ago and received it today. Maybe the new USPS boss DeJoy needs to ask Thailand how to run a Post Office?

Rick

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
"Not a chance on the Post Office Steve"

That's still unbelievable! I guess it's still hit or miss with the Post Office.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have a bunch of barrels, but no keys. Try Mark (volvoguys on the forum) as I know he has them.
Cheers!
Steve

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Coach,
The car does have one in it, but I need the car to be moveable for a while longer. If you can wait I 'll
pull it out in the next month or so. If you need one quicker contact Jeff ( junkman) or Mark (Volvoguys)
as they probably have them out of the car already.
Cheers!
Steve

swla

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi,

Im looking for a right side soft top frame bracket. Its the aluninum end bracket that holds the pension pin. Do you have any soft top parts and specifically this right side frame bracket?
Gary

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hi Dan,
The one on the car has some rot, but I might have one in the attic. I'll have a look and let you know.
Cheers!
Steve

Gary T

Gold Level Sponsor
Do you have the upper corner windshield chrome brackets left and right for the cantrails that fold out to the window area? This is for a Series IV, but I believe Series V is the same. Let me know.