• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Painting Bakelite

skywords

Donation Time
Before my Alpine days I used a product made by Amway it is a shoe polish in an aerosol can that made all the seat skirts look like new on my 50 Buick. It is clear and really brought back the original luster to the parts and dried very hard.

LarryN

Diamond Level Sponsor
I painted mine with black Krylon for plastic. It still looks good after two California summers.

greenbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Just to let everyone know that I used leather dye to refurb the glovebox surround, steering column shroud and the switchgear. The glovebox surround and top of the column shroud needed a few coats as they were most weathered. Hopefully there are a couple of photos attached.

The leather dye was all of $6.00 from the local saddlery shop.

Thanks to everyone for sharing this tip.
Cheers,
Paul.

Attachments

• Steering_shroud.jpg
    Steering_shroud.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Glovebox_surround.jpg
    Glovebox_surround.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 58

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Liquid black Kiwi shoe polish that comes with a built-in foam applicator works well also.