• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Paint Chips

finally

Donation Time
Does anyone have a scan of the paint chips for our Sunbeams? I was going to dig up paint formulas for my Series2 053 Wedgewood Blue.

I have seen one set of chips but the names on the chips are different than the names we have listed on the SAOCA site. I'm guessing its because the chips are for the Hillman, Humber, Singer and Sunbeam and the names we use are "fancy" names.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
There should be no difference in the names - Wedgewood Blue, and its Rootes color code, remained the same throughout the years. Maybe you're missing that chip?

jumpinjan

Bronze Level Sponsor
I was going to dig up paint formulas for my Series2 053 Wedgewood Blue.
Good luck on finding paint formulas, because there are none for the new paints. You need to have the original paint samples scanned at the paint store.
Gee, this topic has come up a thousand times now. I'll put up a copy of may article that I wrote on the paint chips 6 years ago, under the Tech tips.
Jan