• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Pages missing from my shop manual.

canuck pride

Donation Time
I am in the process of putting my stock 67 alpine rear end back together. My problem is I am missing most of the pages in the manual for the rear brake lines and emergency brake rods that run back inforth on the rear end housing.
1st question is brake line that goes wheel cylinder to wheel cylinder go in the front holes on the both cylinders?
2nd And how's the flex line hook up?
3rd question is,,,, can someone show me a picture of the rods that run side to side. I believe I'm missing some parts. (Rod). Thanks. Mike
The picture should tell all.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Wheel cylinder to wheel cylinder connection - use upper connection on the right side and the lower connection on left side. This is needed to allow air to be bled.

Flex line connector goes through the hole in the bracket, then a washer and nut fix the hose into place in the bracket. Then attach the hard brake line connector to the flex hose connector.

Some pics of my 1966 series V are attached.

Mike

Attachments

• 20131229-008 RH drum brake.jpg
    20131229-008 RH drum brake.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20140308-002 LH drum.jpg
    20140308-002 LH drum.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 20150116-001 rear brake hose connection.jpg
    20150116-001 rear brake hose connection.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20150116-002 handbrake connection.jpg