• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Overdrive switch question

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am in the middle of installing an overdrive and I noticed the switch does not stay in one position when you push on it. Should it? Or does it trip the relay so it needs to be pushed again to take it out of overdrive? My wiring diagram leaves a lot to be desired.

Thanks

Todd
Series 3
Lexington SC

alpine_64

Donation Time
Todd,

The SI/II alpines had an overdrive with a normal switch, the S3-V had the self cancelling overdrive with the positive returning switch. This switch is pushed one way to engage overdrive and returns to a central position, push the other way and it disengages.