• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Oscelli Parts?

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Oil filler cap is odd. Looks like a radiator cap, like you are thinking. What does the bottom of the cap look like?

My SV filler cap says 'use shell oil only'.

upload_2020-1-2_21-50-41.png

Mike

alpine_64

Donation Time
Andrew masse 3d modelled his spear a while back. With the constantly lowering cost of 3d printing you could make one at a reasonable price... Depends if you want to print in plastic or metal.

Limey

Donation Time
Thanks for the insight guys ... stripped it and it's gettin' a un-romantic polishing for the time being. I have to clear those threaded holes but they look like they may be boogered up and wondering if the oil cap is odd ... rad cap?? ... The bonnet mascot is a piece I'd like to acquire, haven't found one that really comes close though the chevy fender spears are somewhat close in shape just not in size and the cantered pins need to be removed and another bonding method used.

Thanks again! ..... David

I'm having a clear out and I have perfect re-chromed one that's going on ebay next week if anyone is interested.

That's a late series oil cap

Have the holes ali welded and re-tapped

That Chevy flash is so close its almost a copyright infringement :D

Oliver

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Oil filler cap is odd. Looks like a radiator cap, like you are thinking. What does the bottom of the cap look like?

My SV filler cap says 'use shell oil only'.

View attachment 18426

Mike
Here's a pic .. the other one I have has the "Shell Only" as well .... not sure 'bout this one.

.... David

Attachments

• OSrcover 005.JPG
    OSrcover 005.JPG
    169.9 KB · Views: 22
  • OSrcover 008.JPG
    OSrcover 008.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 22
  • OSrcover 007.JPG
    OSrcover 007.JPG
    259.1 KB · Views: 22